How to: Run bot's as an idiot

All non-related to RO or OpenKore goes here. Enter at your own risk.

Moderator: Moderators

cazanova000
Human
Human
Noob?: No

How to: Run bot's as an idiot

#1 Post by cazanova000 »

Super How to: run many bots in a pc withot die trying

1.- first thing u have to have in mind, you should know that run more than 20 bots in a pc overcharge your CPU, memory and HDD with possible permanent damage, its increase of energy is sure x 5, so if u have heart problems be careful when your light bill xD

2.- if u will log all your bots do, be ready to clean yor HDD everyday xD

3.- i recommend to you organize your folders meticulously, or be ready to mess all when changing a config @.@

4.- if u have many bots with same config options you can safety share that options using an old but effective trick

using !include, so u win time when changing an option that many bots gonna use

u dont need a super pc for run 50+ bots, but many time for manage it all xD

PD: after done this super "How to" my pc at first time in mi life shoot a "Blue Screen of Death" and my RAM death due to excesive overclocking in CPU plus those bots running XD

sangohan
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Re: How to: Run bot's as an idiot

#2 Post by sangohan »

you can lower the CPU usage by setting the sleepTime to a higher number (but leads to a more unresponsive bot) - i have a 3.2Ghz machine, and setting sleepTime to 110000 doesnt significantly affect performance of the bot while each bot uses only abou 1%~5% cpu. That way, I can run about 25 bots.

you can also set the verbose configuration to -1, which will disable all console output to the screen. That saves a few more CPU cycles too. You can also disable logging - that will prevent log files from filling the harddisk - at the cost of loosing a way to track what has been said/done to your bot by others.

I have this setup, and i left two machines running total of 50 bots on for a month. raked in some goodies farming for stuff =)

cazanova000
Human
Human
Noob?: No

#3 Post by cazanova000 »

sangohan wrote:you can lower the CPU usage by setting the sleepTime to a higher number (but leads to a more unresponsive bot) - i have a 3.2Ghz machine, and setting sleepTime to 110000 doesnt significantly affect performance of the bot while each bot uses only abou 1%~5% cpu. That way, I can run about 25 bots.

you can also set the verbose configuration to -1, which will disable all console output to the screen. That saves a few more CPU cycles too. You can also disable logging - that will prevent log files from filling the harddisk - at the cost of loosing a way to track what has been said/done to your bot by others.

I have this setup, and i left two machines running total of 50 bots on for a month. raked in some goodies farming for stuff =)
i dont understand how works sleepTime o.o, every X cicles gonna send the action to do? or is like a timeout? O.o

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

#4 Post by kali »

The current OpenKore does not use threading, it instead uses polling. It iterates over all of its functions every x number of microseconds. sleepTime is simply the time between those iterations.

The more time that passes between, the more time the computer "sleeps" and does nothing. The less time, the more the cpu does something. It becomes a trade-off between responsiveness and resource capacity.
Got your topic trashed by a mod?

Trashing topics is one click, and moving a topic to its proper forum is a lot harder. You expend the least effort in deciding where to post, mods expend the least effort by trashing.

Have a nice day.

gelo2012
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt
Noob?: Yes

#5 Post by gelo2012 »

After I found this, (It's way back 2009 :o ) I'm re-organizing my bots!
What is this called:
And where do I find the complete list? And is there any other up-to-date techniques of organizing bots?