How do Openkore staff treat you?

All non-related to RO or OpenKore goes here. Enter at your own risk.

Moderator: Moderators

jbpbgame
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

How do Openkore staff treat you?

#1 Post by jbpbgame »

Do they act that they are ALMIGHTY somewhat GODLY when answering your questions??

Just opinions...

Tell them here so that they'll know..

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

Re: How do Openkore staff treat you?

#2 Post by kali »

I see the corollary question: how do users treat the OpenKore staff? Do they treat them as if they are slaves, that they will answer each and every question they can think of for free, to the point of spoonfeeding?

Just opinions...

Tell them here so that they'll know..

http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Quoted for great justice:
Before You Ask

Before asking a technical question by e-mail, or in a newsgroup, or on a website chat board, do the following:

1. Try to find an answer by searching the archives of the forum you plan to post to.
2. Try to find an answer by searching the Web.
3. Try to find an answer by reading the manual.
4. Try to find an answer by reading a FAQ.
5. Try to find an answer by inspection or experimentation.
6. Try to find an answer by asking a skilled friend.
7. If you're a programmer, try to find an answer by reading the source code.

When you ask your question, display the fact that you have done these things first; this will help establish that you're not being a lazy sponge and wasting people's time. Better yet, display what you have learned from doing these things. We like answering questions for people who have demonstrated they can learn from the answers.

Use tactics like doing a Google search on the text of whatever error message you get (searching Google groups as well as Web pages). This might well take you straight to fix documentation or a mailing list thread answering your question. Even if it doesn't, saying “I googled on the following phrase but didn't get anything that looked promising” is a good thing to do in e-mail or news postings requesting help, if only because it records what searches won't help. It will also help to direct other people with similar problems to your thread by linking the search terms to what will hopefully be your problem and resolution thread.

Take your time. Do not expect to be able to solve a complicated problem with a few seconds of Googling. Read and understand the FAQs, sit back, relax and give the problem some thought before approaching experts. Trust us, they will be able to tell from your questions how much reading and thinking you did, and will be more willing to help if you come prepared. Don't instantly fire your whole arsenal of questions just because your first search turned up no answers (or too many).

Prepare your question. Think it through. Hasty-sounding questions get hasty answers, or none at all. The more you do to demonstrate that having put thought and effort into solving your problem before seeking help, the more likely you are to actually get help.

Beware of asking the wrong question. If you ask one that is based on faulty assumptions, J. Random Hacker is quite likely to reply with a uselessly literal answer while thinking “Stupid question...”, and hoping the experience of getting what you asked for rather than what you needed will teach you a lesson.

Never assume you are entitled to an answer. You are not; you aren't, after all, paying for the service. You will earn an answer, if you earn it, by asking a substantial, interesting, and thought-provoking question — one that implicitly contributes to the experience of the community rather than merely passively demanding knowledge from others.

On the other hand, making it clear that you are able and willing to help in the process of developing the solution is a very good start. “Would someone provide a pointer?”, “What is my example missing?”, and “What site should I have checked?” are more likely to get answered than “Please post the exact procedure I should use.” because you're making it clear that you're truly willing to complete the process if someone can just point you in the right direction.
In case you think tldr (too long didn't read) then it's just proper you're called a loser. But in case someone calls me ALMIGHTY and somewhat GODLY, here's my favorite part:
Never assume you are entitled to an answer. You are not; you aren't, after all, paying for the service. You will earn an answer, if you earn it, by asking a substantial, interesting, and thought-provoking question — one that implicitly contributes to the experience of the community rather than merely passively demanding knowledge from others.
Earn your answer. The quality of the answer you get is commensurate to the quality of your question. Just browse around some of the answered questions here and take a clue.
Got your topic trashed by a mod?

Trashing topics is one click, and moving a topic to its proper forum is a lot harder. You expend the least effort in deciding where to post, mods expend the least effort by trashing.

Have a nice day.

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

#3 Post by kali »

BTW the above post is not directed at you j, just for the random person who'll post his angst in your thread.

Been there done that, there *will* be 11 year olds posting crap here. If they don't, then I'm happy I made a mistake :)
Got your topic trashed by a mod?

Trashing topics is one click, and moving a topic to its proper forum is a lot harder. You expend the least effort in deciding where to post, mods expend the least effort by trashing.

Have a nice day.

ezza
Developers
Developers

#4 Post by ezza »

*Clap*.. *Clap*

Nice speech kali :)

andy12345
Moderators
Moderators

#5 Post by andy12345 »

Well, I am not on the staff, but I do help people, here is a wonderful example, and how people appreciate my helping them
andy12345 wrote:
oweinjz wrote:guys can u give me a "config" that can use Kafra Storage in Prontera =) and can use awakening potion once.. because i have a trouble in using awakening.. the bot use all awakening potion lol =)
After you run your bot, type this in console, c BOT: useItem Awakening Potion
oweinjz wrote:THANK YOU SIR.. by the way Can you tell me What em i going to do to store all items in the storage and how can i use properly the storage.. and i t has a password
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dejaime
Human
Human
Noob?: Yes

#6 Post by dejaime »

They've always been nice...
Until now at least :roll:

n00b
Human
Human

#7 Post by n00b »

:(

always been ...... :)

50%? 60% good? xD!
just kidding

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Post by kLabMouse »

dejaime wrote:They've always been nice...
Until now at least :roll:
Hmm... What's wrong Now?

Mortimal
Developers
Developers

#9 Post by Mortimal »

kLabMouse
you began to spend more time here than in rofan)))
Please use pin function for uploading your file contents!

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Post by kLabMouse »

Mortimal wrote:kLabMouse
you began to spend more time here than in rofan)))
Rofan Is Self running Community. Moderators only clean up something from time to time.
Here, Is main OpenKore support Forum, and Me as Team Leader must coordinate all the work.