Remove (most) leaves in game

All non-related to RO or OpenKore goes here. Enter at your own risk.

Moderator: Moderators

twist3d
Testers Team
Testers Team
Noob?: No

Remove (most) leaves in game

#1 Post by twist3d »

So you can see what you're doing in places like pay_fild!

Edit: I found this great tool; http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7PXQ9J1N It allows you to enable the data folder among other great features!!! Thanks technology for uploading this. With this tool enable the data folder and you wont have to do any of the steps below, just extract my data folder into your Gravity\RO\ folder and it works!!!

Okay it used to be super easy to do this, and if anyone knows how to hex edit the rag*.exe to load a separate .grf let me know!
But the down and dirty (this can take awhile depending on your computer) way to do it is simple but long; This will also shrink your data.grf about 100mb

1) Use the included gf.exe to open C:\Program Files\Gravity\Ragnarok Online\data.grf and click extract all; go make a sandwich
2) Copy and paste the included data files over the existing ones
3) Open up gf.exe again and click "Add Dir"
4) Browse to C:\Program Files\Gravity\Ragnarok Online\Data and click okay
5) Choose a compression level
6) Click Repack and name it something like data2.grf
7) Exit the game and replace data.grf with the one you just created -- DO NOT DELETE THE ORIGINAL, something may have gone wrong and it may not work (mine worked like a charm though)

Most private servers will have their own xdata.grf they load, and you can usually load this into that one so it doesn't take as long, provided its loaded _after_ data.grf!

Now you can see where you are going! We used this hack back when RO was still in closed beta, but it was much easier as the game automatically loaded multiple data.grf (like sdata etc..) _or_ you could even hack it to load the \data\ folder _after_ the data.grf. So if anybody knows how to hex edit the rag*.exe to do so please please let me know as this would save me so much time/effort =D
Attachments
data.rar
(95.91 KiB) Downloaded 612 times
Last edited by twist3d on 12 Dec 2009, 13:24, edited 3 times in total.
Member since 09/09/09, botter since its first creation days. Thanks Kura for the original Kore.

memoria
Noob
Noob

Re: Remove (most) leaves in game

#2 Post by memoria »

I'm turning into a fully openkore user now since I made the full switch towards GNU/Linux, so no gravity client for me..

But for most private servers you can edit some kind of "data.ini" which lists the .grf files you want to load, and in which order.. I'm not sure how this is handled on ofi servers clients thou

twist3d
Testers Team
Testers Team

Re: Remove (most) leaves in game

#3 Post by twist3d »

I have found a website that has the packet listed to make it load data folder first!!! Here is a pre-hexed EXE and the data folder with more leaves taken out then the last.

Here is how to do it:
http://forums.ro-guardian.net/topic/1293248/1/

Here is a download with the pre-hexed EXE and data folder
no longer works
Member since 09/09/09, botter since its first creation days. Thanks Kura for the original Kore.