The bot is sometimes unable to load the right character list

Forum closed. All further discussion to be discussed at https://github.com/OpenKore/

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

zefir
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

The bot is sometimes unable to load the right character list

#1 Post by zefir »

Hello dear users.
This already got posted once but as the user describing the problem there was unable to properly describe the problem and the topic didnt get any real attention, I decided to open another thread on it.

Its about the following:
Sometimes after logging into your Ragnarok account, the char server will not respond properly and display your account had 0 characters. The bot will NOT reconnect at that point and get stuck waiting for user input. (create character)
This has been a problem for me while long-time botting. Sometimes it gets stuck directly after the standard autostorage-relog which is why i deactivated this option. This however is not a good solution as the connection might get lost due to many common issues (connection loss due to lag, losing sync, maintenance, etc) eventually resulting in the char server bugging again at relogging.

I really find it frustrating. Im usually excited to look after my bot in the morning (pulling an all-nighter on several accounts). But having barely achieved anything due to this in the meanwhile kills the fun.

So is there a way to fix this issue on the botting side? Lets just have it reconnect a few times if there are no characters to be found. Thats actually all there is to it

Thank you for reading this. I really appreciate you looking into this topic.

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The bot is sometimes unable to load the right character list

#2 Post by kLabMouse »

Server? Revision?

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

#3 Post by EternalHarvest »

zefir wrote:So is there a way to fix this issue on the botting side? Lets just have it reconnect a few times if there are no characters to be found.
Yeah, such a workaround for that server bug can be implemented. However, is that really a server's problem? Does it happen with the original client?

zefir
Noob
Noob

#4 Post by zefir »

Sorry, didn't find time to look into this again.

It is the Valkyrie-Server and I'm using revision 7882.

Yes, this does indeed happen while using the normal client. That's why I was sure, this had to be a server-sided issue. It is however more likely to happen with OpenKore though. (Might also just be my imagination).