Characters "Not Available" in XKore 2

Forum closed. All further discussion to be discussed at https://github.com/OpenKore/

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

kty1987
Human
Human
Noob?: Yes

Characters "Not Available" in XKore 2

#1 Post by kty1987 »

so i fire up my client to connect to xkore 2, i can get to log in but every character slot is duplicated with the one character that I have on the account and I cannot log in as every slot has the not available text across it.

i search around and found something on chinese forums about a fix

specifically, going into /src/Base/Ragnarok/CharServer.pm and also /src/Network/XKore2/CharServer.pm to change a few lines, now that my char is no longer duplicated but the not available text remains, as well as a messed up first slot showing a level 1 priest that i do not have.

is this a problem with charblocksize? because i read around and for the server i am on (iRO classic) it should be 108

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

Re: xkore 2, chars duplicated at selection

#2 Post by EternalHarvest »

You're not really logging in to the server when you connect to XKore 2, you're just connecting to already running session, where the character is already selected by openkore's config. Characters are "duplicated" on purpose so you can choose whatever slot you were using last time with your client.

If you want to change the character, either do it in openkore itself, for example with "conf char <slot>;; relog" - it should even work via commandPrefix feature, or just from openkore's console.

Character re-selection in XKore 2 can be implemented using client's character select screen if you really need that exactly, patches welcome. It doesn't seem to be important feature, though.

kty1987
Human
Human

#3 Post by kty1987 »

no that's not the problem actually

i dont mind it having duplicate characters

the problem is every slot shows as not available, and i cannot connect into game from char select because everything i click it says something about if char exceeds 0 at selection it cannot log in or something, and i dont know how to get around it

-

i'll show you what i mean by being unable to select char
[img]
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8659 ... ine000.jpg[/img]

it just says not available, so i can't select any chars

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

#4 Post by EternalHarvest »

Which openkore revision and serverType?

kty1987
Human
Human

#5 Post by kty1987 »

openkore ready pack that I downloaded just yesterday morning, not sure which svn revision it is

server type is 22

[edit]
i just used version command, the revision is r8047

kty1987
Human
Human

Re: Characters "Not Available" in XKore 2

#6 Post by kty1987 »

i am guessing the problem is from openkore giving the client wrong information, making the client believe that the character slots are unavailable, but i am not too sure what i would have to fix, probably something in src\Network\xkore2\

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

#7 Post by EternalHarvest »

raynor68 wrote:xkore 2
I cannot log in as every slot has the not available text across it.
(iRO classic)
Fixed in r8050.

kty1987
Human
Human

#8 Post by kty1987 »

oh nice!

what was the cause?

anyways thanks for fixing, go developers! XD

sheim
Noob
Noob

#9 Post by sheim »

EternalHarvest wrote:
raynor68 wrote:xkore 2
I cannot log in as every slot has the not available text across it.
(iRO classic)
Fixed in r8050.
Using r8051 on iRO Classic - I get the same "if character count is above 0 cannot access game" error.

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

#10 Post by EternalHarvest »

raynor68 wrote: what was the cause?
iRO Classic's serverType wasn't configured with the corret "received_characters" (character list) packet, and the one it used just lacked any information about which slots are available. You can guess all the causes inspecting commit diffs right in your browser, for example: http://openkore.svn.sourceforge.net/vie ... ision=8050
sheim wrote:Using r8051 on iRO Classic - I get the same "if character count is above 0 cannot access game" error.
Maybe you're not using its own serverType, "iRO_Classic", which latest tables use?

I trashed your other topic about PMs since it probably caused by the same thing.