Openkore.com

OpenKore Forums
It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 10:02

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]





Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: recvpackets & erroneous Quest Monster Kill Count 12/20/2011
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011, 02:44 
Offline
Human
Human

Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 12:30
Posts: 25
Server: pRO New Chaos

Summary: (EDITED)
I have been encountering erroneus kill counts after killing monsters as part of some quests. I tried to resolve it by either updating from SVN or via JCV's RO Tools and Openkore's Packet Length Extractor but to no avail. Additionaly, both JCV's RO tools and Openkore's Packet Length Extractor can not find the offset of the packet length function. Quest kill count is correct however upon logging-in or relogging to the character.


Background:
I am currently creating a Novice Training Ground macro that supports the minor quests such as killing Lunatics and such.
I have a macro that depends on the Quest Kill Count to trigger.

Problem:
Upon evaluating the quest kill counts after killing a monster (for example Lunatics in Novice Training Grounds)

Code:
$temp1 = @eval($::questList->{7124}->{missions}->{1063}->{count})

(7124 Novice Quest, 1063 Lunatic Monster ID)


it either returns the required number of monsters to be killed (thus prematurely triggering the turn-in macro) or erroneus values.

Steps Take and Results:

Step 1: Update tables folder from SVN (As of 12/20/2011)
Result: No change. Unknown Switch: 0085

Step 2: Extract recvpackets.txt from pRO's unpacked Ragexe.exe
Result: Both JCV's RO Tools and Openkore's Packet Length Extractor can not find the offset of the packet length function.


Last edited by Shadow7 on 20 Dec 2011, 08:14, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unknown Switch: 0085 or Quest Monster Kill Count 12/20/2011
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011, 06:19 
Offline
Developers
Developers

Joined: 05 Dec 2008, 05:42
Posts: 1811
Probably not related to 0085 (unless you're using XKore). Packet length for some other packet is wrong in recvpackets.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Quest Monster Kill Count 12/20/2011
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011, 08:04 
Offline
Human
Human

Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 12:30
Posts: 25
@EternalHarvest

Oops, yes I was actually using xKore at the time. I stopped using it now and it doesn't show the Unknown Switch: 0085. The problem still persists though.

I associated the Unknown Switch: 0085 to the problem because at the time I was using xKore the error message coincided every time I killed a quest monster.

The problem must indeed be as you pointed out. Do you have any suggestions as to how I may attack this problem?

Edited the first post to reflect the non-xKore scenario.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: recvpackets & erroneous Quest Monster Kill Count 12/20/2011
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011, 08:27 
Offline
Developers
Developers

Joined: 05 Dec 2008, 05:42
Posts: 1811
There's two different versions of the corresponding packet, try adding the following lines to your serverType's Receive part (the same as in Network::Receive::iRO):
Code:
*parse_quest_update_mission_hunt = *Network::Receive::ServerType0::parse_quest_update_mission_hunt_v2;
*reconstruct_quest_update_mission_hunt = *Network::Receive::ServerType0::reconstruct_quest_update_mission_hunt_v2;


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: recvpackets & erroneous Quest Monster Kill Count 12/20/2011
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011, 12:39 
Offline
Human
Human

Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 12:30
Posts: 25
Tried it but it didn't make a difference.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: recvpackets & erroneous Quest Monster Kill Count 12/20/2011
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 07:09 
Offline
Human
Human

Joined: 13 May 2008, 04:23
Posts: 27
Location: Here, There, Everywhere!
EternalHarvest wrote:
There's two different versions of the corresponding packet, try adding the following lines to your serverType's Receive part (the same as in Network::Receive::iRO):
Code:
*parse_quest_update_mission_hunt = *Network::Receive::ServerType0::parse_quest_update_mission_hunt_v2;
*reconstruct_quest_update_mission_hunt = *Network::Receive::ServerType0::reconstruct_quest_update_mission_hunt_v2;


fixed my problem on crowd control quest. pRO new iris server.

now it says:
- Zombie Prisoner #/150

thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: recvpackets & erroneous Quest Monster Kill Count 12/20/2011
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2012, 04:21 
Offline
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

Joined: 24 Mar 2012, 04:13
Posts: 97
how to repair it???
i play idRO and still get this problem, using latest svn

copy from iro.pm, solved for me


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: recvpackets & erroneous Quest Monster Kill Count 12/20/2011
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2013, 14:34 
Offline
Noob
Noob

Joined: 22 Aug 2013, 20:34
Posts: 5
The problem is still here on fRO.
The fix worked.
Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group