Automatic OBB/OPB/GB opening and sorting

Do you have a question or problem? Read this forum first! Someone has probably already asked the same thing in the past. Do not ASK questions here!

Moderators: Moderators, Documentation Writers

Kirby
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Automatic OBB/OPB/GB opening and sorting

#1 Post by Kirby »

first of all, just to be clear, by obb/opb/gb i mean old blue box, old purple box and gift box. second, this topic might be also moved to the tips and tricks section if the admins feels like doing so.

i've been thinking in a simple, not to say cheap, way to open those thousands of obbs/opbs/gbs that accumulate with the player's merchant in mid and high rate servers, thanks to mimic card, myst case card, and complete merchant combo card set.

so, since most items that come from the boxes are pure trash, i found that it is very annoying to have to open over 1k of these boxes, and furthermore, to select and keep the good items (white potion, halberd [2], 3carat diamond etc) from the worthless ones (jellopy, horn, dirk [2] etc).

with that in mind, i've worked on the pickupitems.txt file, in which i listed lots of items that comes out from the boxes. as usual, put -1 for those items you wanna throw away, and 1 for those items to keep.

in the config.txt i added the block:

useSelf_item Old Blue Box {
inMap ayothaya
timeout 4
}

this means i selected a rather empty town (might be another town in the server you play, so make sure to make the adjustments as needed), and that every 4 seconds, i will be opening a box, and the item might be kept or automatically thrown away according to what's set in the pickupitems.txt

by changing some specs in the items_control.txt you might automatically put good items in the cart and take more boxes from the cart as you progress.

the file attached here is the pickupitems.txt that i've produced after some painful typing and checking. you might want to check it out on your own if you plan to use it, because the item names may vary from server to server. also, the item sorting proposed here is just what i've been using. however, you might need different settings to suit your needs. nonetheless, i believe the most big trash from the OBBs has been labeled there.

keywords for this topic (might help for be found through search engine):
obb, opb, gb, old blue box, old purple box, gift box
Attachments
pickupitems (drop almost all).txt
rename to pickupitems.txt lol.
(14 KiB) Downloaded 2012 times
watch all the bad guys from knights of the round fall down in youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYrgZOHDBXw

Motivus
Developers
Developers

Re: Automatic OBB/OPB/GB opening and sorting

#2 Post by Motivus »

Kirby wrote:the file attached here is the pickupitems.txt that i've produced after some painful typing and checking. you might want to check it out on your own if you plan to use it, because the item names may vary from server to server. also, the item sorting proposed here is just what i've been using. however, you might need different settings to suit your needs. nonetheless, i believe the most big trash from the OBBs has been labeled there.
OpenKore gets item names from a file in the tables folder. It will work on all servers.
Oh no.

Xanta
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by Xanta »

Noob questions, will this work with anything?(foods boxes red envelopes etc)

Motivus
Developers
Developers

#4 Post by Motivus »

Xanta wrote:Noob questions, will this work with anything?(foods boxes red envelopes etc)
It should work on all stackable items. I assume it will work with food boxes too, although that's up in the air because they do not stack. Certain cash shop items are not properly supported at the moment.
Oh no.

scared123
Noob
Noob

#5 Post by scared123 »

Can anyone help me in picking up items ?

I need the config .
Hope someone will help me .
Thank you !

Engydoggy
Human
Human

#6 Post by Engydoggy »

scared123 wrote:Can anyone help me in picking up items ?

I need the config .
Hope someone will help me .
Thank you !
Sure!.

Read the manual.

scared123
Noob
Noob

#7 Post by scared123 »

But where can i get the manual ? Can you give me the link ?
Or patse the config here ?
For self buying item from NPC .

Thank you .

progiovi
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

#8 Post by progiovi »

just type what item you wanna loot in "pickupitems" text -.-

JoeSwindell
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

#9 Post by JoeSwindell »

Good idea, nice post!

neostatic
Noob
Noob

#10 Post by neostatic »

the pickupitemlist.txt cannot be downloaded..can anyone give a working link?