Windows problem: C drive space nearly full

This place is for Closed bug reports only. NOT for asking help!

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

myv068
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Windows problem: C drive space nearly full

#1 Post by myv068 »

Hey, I'm new to OpenKore and just started using it last week. I've tried searching the forum but I haven't found any post regarding my problem.

Up until a couple of days ago, everything was going alright, no problems. But now, my C: drive says it's nearly full (1.7gb free out of 135gb) for some apparent reason, and it is definitely not because I have an overload of files, because it was only 50% full before. I am not exactly sure how it happened, maybe because I tried copying the openkore files while the start.exe file was running?
Anyway, I've deleted all my openkore files and everything else that might have taken some space, even emptied the recycling bin, and checked for hidden files, but it still shows that my C drive is almost at full capacity. By the way, I'm running Windows XP.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? Please help me, I can't really create any new files on my computer since the drive is nearly full! :cry:

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

Re: Windows problem: C drive space nearly full

#2 Post by EternalHarvest »

myv068 wrote:I've deleted all my openkore files
By default, openkore doesn't touch anything outside its directory, so this problem is probably unrelated to it.

kabayongtao
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

#3 Post by kabayongtao »

It happened to me once.

I was running many instances of OpenKore on partitioned drive, and apparently I really did ran out of disk space that time(like 1mb or less remaining, enough to make Windows notify).

I didn't really mind the notification at first, nor checked the OpenKore running at that moment. But then, after like 15 minutes, I noticed something was wrong with 2 out of many instances running. The console was asking for server information and stuffs like that.

Then, I checked the config directory of the affected accounts, it was reset like clean install.

Just a note, I'm running multiple bots in the same .exe. I couldn't actually say what version of specific version of OpenKore I was using that time, but I could tell it wasn't that too far from the latest.

myv068
Noob
Noob

#4 Post by myv068 »

kabayongtao wrote:It happened to me once.

I was running many instances of OpenKore on partitioned drive, and apparently I really did ran out of disk space that time(like 1mb or less remaining, enough to make Windows notify).

I didn't really mind the notification at first, nor checked the OpenKore running at that moment. But then, after like 15 minutes, I noticed something was wrong with 2 out of many instances running. The console was asking for server information and stuffs like that.

Then, I checked the config directory of the affected accounts, it was reset like clean install.

Just a note, I'm running multiple bots in the same .exe. I couldn't actually say what version of specific version of OpenKore I was using that time, but I could tell it wasn't that too far from the latest.
Thank you for your reply. I am running 3 start.exe programs at the same time rather than having them run all in one file. I'm not sure if there was anything wrong with the config directories, as I was panicking and just ended up deleted everything.

Did you manage to fix your problem?

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by kLabMouse »

Well. I can Answer one thing.
The start.exe and wxstart.exe unpack what's needed for them into %TEMP% folder.
If you Suddenly kill the apps, and not exit them. The junk left in %TEMP% and need to be cleaned up.

myv068
Noob
Noob

#6 Post by myv068 »

I just got back from vacation, and was falsely hoping that the computer would somehow solve its own problem. lol

The temp folder is already empty :cry:

I guess I'll have to just format the computer. Thanks a bunch guys!

myv068
Noob
Noob

#7 Post by myv068 »

kLabMouse wrote:Well. I can Answer one thing.
The start.exe and wxstart.exe unpack what's needed for them into %TEMP% folder.
If you Suddenly kill the apps, and not exit them. The junk left in %TEMP% and need to be cleaned up.
I'm an idiot. I was always thinking about the TEMP folder in C:\WINDOWS, but I never checked the TEMP folder in C:\Documents and settings\admin\Local Settings\ because I didn't know about it until just a minute ago. I deleted everything in the admin folder so I thought it would take care of everything in it, but apparently I can still get into that TEMP folder and see all the hidden files there and I just found the 114gb file in there.

Problem solved, thanks !

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Post by kLabMouse »

Problem Solved. Moved to Fixed Bugs.