XKore 2 minor annoyance

This place is for Closed bug reports only. NOT for asking help!

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

GrimmestDays
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

XKore 2 minor annoyance

#1 Post by GrimmestDays »

Hi. I recently started using Xkore on the iRO Valkyrie server. Everything is working fine except for one thing - occasionally whenever I change maps it doesn't load the correct map or minimap.

For example. I'm in Aldebaran. From there I walk to one of its fields. Everything on that field loads on the client as expected with the exception of the map graphics, minimap, and BGM. The graphics/BGM used for it are Aldebaran's. This problem isn't isolated to Aldebaran, though. As it happens on several other maps.

The only way I've found to fix the problem is to log out of the Ragnarok client and then re-login.

Bad configuration on my behalf or is it a bug?

Misc. Info:
* Latest OpenKore SVN.
* The clientinfo.xml I am using.
* config.txt sniplet:

Code: Select all

# 1 = hook into RO client, 2 = Act as stand-alone proxy, proxy = act as true proxy
XKore 2
XKore_silent 1
XKore_bypassBotDetection 0
XKore_exeName ragexe.exe
* servers.txt for iRO is untouched (Stock settings)

Daedalus
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt
Noob?: No

Re: XKore 2 minor annoyance

#2 Post by Daedalus »

Happens when you are teleport routing too fast or one of the following two - when your PC isn't fast enough or for some other reason I don't know.

Teleporting one time on the visually wrong map seems to force refresh Xkore2, making it send the correct map information and making the client reload the correct map afterwards.

Has nothing to do with your server or config.

GrimmestDays
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by GrimmestDays »

Thanks for the reply. Ah yes, teleporting once does fix it. :)

However.. computer latency is involved? Hm. That would not explain though, why for example, the south Aldebaran field map loads correctly all of the time and the North Aldebaran map always has the problem mentioned in the first post.

Thinking of it, the way the bugged maps load is similar to how an interior building would load (IE: Item store). Music picks up right after where it left off in the previous map you were on.

I'm not 100% familiar with the internal workings of OpenKore so I might sound newbish here, but could it be that somewhere in Kore's files that the effected maps are flagged as an interior building? Or maybe Xkore could be sending the wrong packet to the client telling it that it's an interior rather than a new map..

Daedalus
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt
Noob?: No

#4 Post by Daedalus »

It can happen to any map. You can reproduce it with a little teleport luck:

Have teleport route set to at least 100 or less, fast teleport timeouts as well as teleport use skill 3. Put your bot on map 1, which is directly connected to map2 which is also directly connected to map 3.

When your bot is lucky and fast enough with teleport, it will be able to get into map 3 while your client is still in the loading screen for map 2 and it won't load map 3 until it teleports or does something similiar + it will still show you map 2.

Dunno about your idea, I have close to no knowledge about coding or OK source. :)

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

#5 Post by EternalHarvest »

Fixed in r8008.

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by kLabMouse »