Moderator: Moderators

doughnuts
Human
Human
Noob?: No

For those who had been caught. Tell us your stories

#1 Post by doughnuts »

Hey there,

In order to bot even better why not investigate GMs bit deeper. Anyone who had been caught, how was it? Which map are you in? Did you bot straight for hours? Perhaps a bot party?

What I want to know it weather or not they check for IP logs. I mean if they caught a bot, would they check IPs and transaction logs?

For me, I try to have distinct IPs between my char and bots but sometimes I accidentally login from same IP. And I drop items and pick them up. I don't think they log dropped items. I haven't get caught yet, and hope not to :)

kty1987
Human
Human
Noob?: Yes

Re: For those who had been caught. Tell us your stories

#2 Post by kty1987 »

i play iRO but they catch bots too and their methods might be similar... so i guess i'll share my experience o.o
i got caught botting maybe 7 or 8 times now, i refine my strategy after i get caught every time.

so far:

1) if one of your bots is caught, every other one regardless of map will also get caught, i guess they can view every account that's logged in with your ip at the time.

2) if you traded stuff to your other accounts even the ones you didn't bot on, then you've "benefited" from it as well and they will ban those too.

3) they ban mostly during midnight hours, but sometimes during afternoons as well. I've yet to be caught during the 6 am - 12 pm time frame.

4) this is not proven by me but my friend insists that when he gets checked by a gm he gets random teleported.

5) they don't hold bans, as in if you got caught u'll get banned within the day, they dont ban you one week after or anything like that (at least so far it's been this way)

6) most importantly, i believe they go to popular maps to check for bots and mass ban bots once in a while, as every one of my bots that are caught were in bib dungeon.

right now i am trying a new method where i don't trade things to my main account until they find what i want them to find, then after i trade those to myself after i retire the account entirely. then rinse and repeat.

if this works and only bot accounts get banned instead of my main i'll let you guys know hoho~

[edit] and to answer your question: i traded stuff to my friend as well, but he's untouched.
so i am guessing they ban based on ip, not just trades since that might affect innocent traders.
tho i am not sure.

but since bot catching is a manual process, and them gms are just low wage workers i am confident that they're bound to make mistakes once in a while and not be too thorough with their work.
so keep your ips separated and i think you'll be fine if u just do drop and pickups :D

gravitysucks
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by gravitysucks »

kty1987 wrote:i play iRO but they catch bots too and their methods might be similar... so i guess i'll share my experience
3) they ban mostly during midnight hours, but sometimes during afternoons as well. I've yet to be caught during the 6 am - 12 pm time frame.

WRONG

gravity offices are only open 8am-11pm. They usually only stay till 11/12ish on weekdays when they have maintanance (although now theyve moved the maint to the morning so that they will no longer have to stay longer hours past 10pm). the workers themselves have posted about how they hated having to stay in the offices till midnight. they arnt even in their offices on weekends, which is why when the server goes down, it takes forever to get them back up and usually results in compensation through exp events (although they may make exceptions so stick to the night time botting only rule)

after midnight is pretty much free reign for botting. just make sure to turn it off in the morning if you really want to be safe. you gotta look at it this way. their office is 36 people, most of which have nothing to do with the actual game. most games dedicate like 3-5 people to in game moderation, so for this game its probably more like 1-3 people. ive also heard that lately theyve been diverting most of their staff to just answering mails because of how backlogged they are, so there is really noone moderating shit, which is why so many maps are getting overun by bots.

also, people that bot obvious areas like spotlight maps and payon spores, deserve to get caught for just being dumb. there are so many completely empty maps in the game that noone ever goes on that you can bot. ive left alchemists botting and feeding their pets for days in places like dewata, and never once been seen by another player

tmrcik
Noob
Noob

#4 Post by tmrcik »

To me, I've seen this few times already. As you know, alchemists level their pets by botting. While doing them , fRO developed a weird system. If a char sticks around too much on that map, some lesser mobs show up and they start attacking you. If you attack them back, you get banned after a while. Seen it with my own eyes in logs. I was in Ein_dun01 and some random mobs which are not even enlisted in that dungeon started to me attacking and since I lacked the configuration, my bot responded them in return so I got caught. (Mobs are like Fabre, Poring and such)

About trading and stuff there's one way to slip that. For some reason, those who caught before was a priest and a knight but since I dropped all the stuff on to ground and I picked them up with my merchant, didn't get caught. Might be luck tho, who knows. Hopes this helps a bit and sorry about the late reply, just saw the topic.

r4w
Noob
Noob

#5 Post by r4w »

Some days ago i was botting in Anthell, Glastheim, Payon Dungeon with 4 bots....

In the evening, when i left my Notebook, everything was fine.. bots were farming.

The next morning when i checked my bots i noticed that my lowlevel Monk was sent to jail....
The Chatlog showed up that some player (.Shout.) was PMing me, only saying "Hi".

Its funny cause the acc is not banned yet, the other chars on that acc are untoutched and the other accounts are not jailed / banned.

Trying to contact a GM on fRO seems to be really hard since you cant contact them via gm-eu, gm-fr, etc..

You guys know how to escape from jail? BWing, Teleport does not work, like expected :D

I'm looking forward to hear some more stories, bro's :D

garysusan
Noob
Noob

#6 Post by garysusan »

How do you get different IPs on the same computer? By means of Proxy? If so could you explain a bit?

I've been looking for ways to do this and have come up empty handed.

xlr82xs
Developers
Developers

#7 Post by xlr82xs »

garysusan wrote:How do you get different IPs on the same computer?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multihoming

Either have your ISP supply multiple addresses to your single link, or buy multiple links and aggregate them.

doughnuts
Human
Human

#8 Post by doughnuts »

Sorry guys, I quited RO for a while. Now I have some spare time, I thought why not kill it with RO again :) I enter with different IPs via SOCKS proxy. I find free SOCKS server on web, and login to RO via that. That can be a pain in the ass sometimes because finding free, reliable SOCKS server is quite hard. By far, all my bots are still uncaught and I'm farming them slowly again. yesterday somebody saw me and shouted "botter!!" then I logged off. I was too lazy to convince him. Now, bot still alive and leveling :)

About the GM teleportation, it is true. I once had a GM friend and actually used his account to teleport my bot into quest-like hard to go dungeons where basically nobody is leveling. I learned that in euRO, GMs teleport the character in the same map to see bot's reaction. actually, it is really easy to spot a bot if you know openkore's behavior. when you teleport and see no reaction, it is proven.

cheneus
Noob
Noob

#9 Post by cheneus »

Hmm.. I got ban quite some time ago. IP ban is a big deal as it causes all account that is associated with it to be ban (online or offline)

Recently, I am setting amazon webservice - doing some virtual OS and setting up bot there. Its free but it's very slow. At most 2~3 bots at the same time?
As they allow you around 750hours for free each month.

Also, I advice not to bot in high numbers with the same IP. Besides that, drop/trade/vend are all log. So you might want to spice it up and make it abit messy.

cheneus
Noob
Noob

#10 Post by cheneus »

This is how i was caught. This is the chat log *was bathing that time* so......

xxx - any number.

[PM] (From: iRO GM xxx) : Greetings. We are currently running a third party program test.
[PM] (From: iRO GM xxx) : Please respond within the next 30 seconds
[PM] (From: iRO GM xxx) : 5
[PM] (From: iRO GM xxx) : 4
[PM] (From: iRO GM xxx) : 3
[PM] (From: iRO GM xxx) : 2
[PM] (From: iRO GM xxx) : 1