France

Moderator: Moderators

doughnuts
Human
Human
Noob?: No

Re: For those who had been caught. Tell us your stories

#11 Post by doughnuts »

I was botting with dummy accounts just to see how it goes. 2 of my accounts caught around geffen, without any notice and chat. No GMs were around. just, jail. From the player-log two players were around in both of my accounts.

760633 Ilaya Mage 43 Boy
759307 tiger5de Rogue 97 Boy

So, be aware of them :D they seem harmless but it's the only clue I have.

taur
Noob
Noob

#12 Post by taur »

No need for names, those could be normal players that saw your bot's distinct behaviour and then reported it to a GM,
I got caught in Bib; got warped off to jail where a fabre was spawned which my poorly configured bot devoured instantly.

chrislong93
Human
Human

#13 Post by chrislong93 »

I must say if GM interrogate you by teleporting you to the same map and ask you questions then no way macro can be smart enough to get away of that.

I have been ban a few times because of gm pm and macro reply. But I also have got away with macro reply to normal players who think that I am suspicious by replying them randomly and do random walk and pause for around 5-10mins in town. I also have a macro that create chat room like "wait for my bro" if moved to jail and alert me by Sound so I can manually handle the situation.

nd26zero
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#14 Post by nd26zero »

they can track the item if you trade them?? How about dropping it and loot it with your other character?

doughnuts
Human
Human

#15 Post by doughnuts »

I don't think they can track the items. Sure they can but it is costly to do so. Trade-logs would be somewhat efficient but loots would be a big fat database. So if you transfer items between characters make sure you login with different IPs and drop the items rather than trading them.

Richard
Noob
Noob

#16 Post by Richard »

Caught like 5 times under maintenance. /gg
'He who is brave and patient enough to peer into the darkness his whole life will be first to see a flicker of light in it.'