Moderator: Moderators

Enopracsam
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Character stuck between two maps [SOLVED]

#1 Post by Enopracsam »

Hello everyone.

I am currently farming Stems to sell in order to make some money. I am farming in gef_fild04 (one map north of Geffen), and I want my character to stay in the map no matter what.

I did not bother tweaking the configuration files much, the only things I touched are:

- LockMap gef_fild04 # this will keep the character in the same map
- Avoid killing most of the monsters in the map that are NOT Mandragoras # this will avoid the character to pick up every item --> I did not touch the item pick up configuration, so the character picks up everything he sees (which is mostly stems).

The problems comes clear when a Mandragora spawns near/over a warp portal to another map. The character will try to kill the monster but will step on warp, then come back because of LockMap, then repeat. If the character goes near a portal, it gets stuck. I have to close the bot, open RO, move it away from the portal and then restart OpenKore.

How could I fix this?

Thanks everyone.
Last edited by Enopracsam on 04 Mar 2018, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.

Enopracsam
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Re: Character stuck between two maps (configuration issue)

#2 Post by Enopracsam »

I think I managed to fix this by myself but I decided to leave the post up in case it may be helpful for someone.

In openkore-master\control\routeweights.txt, I decided to edit the PORTAL value to 10000, since the description says "# Using a weight of 10000 makes it pretty sure to completely avoid a map.". It looked too good to be true. The bot kinda freaks out and gets stuck because of long routes and non-walkable places (trees, cliffs, etc).

Editing that value to 1000 worked for me. It's not 10000, so in theory the bot could still walk through portals, though it did not in 3 hours of testing. This solution looks good. I'll keep you updated, though the forum looks pretty much dead.