Help : Tutorial to make plugins

All resolved question will be found here. It is recommended that you browse / search through this section first and see if your question has been answered before

Moderators: Moderators, Documentation Writers

Death Sickle
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Help : Tutorial to make plugins

#1 Post by Death Sickle »

Hi, i would like to contribute to Openkore in my own way.

i'm thinking of making a config/plugin/macro or a combination of these to help Kore to hunt MVP/Mini-bosses better.

my basic idea -

1) log the coordinates at which monster was last spotted.

2) in case of death/tele, use the logged coordinates to tele back.

3) since tele is random, set the walk range as about 50steps.
- i.e, kore will tele until its about 50steps away from the logged coordinates and then walk it.

4) in case the monster is not visible, walk a circumference of about 20steps with the logged coordinates as centre.

5) if the monster is still not found, return back to idle mode or randomwalk mode and continue searching until the monster is found again.

6) repeat until the monster is killed.

now i don't really have skills to do much of this. i could make a very primitive and highly bugged macro to carry out this task, but i'm looking to make something that everyone can use.

i'm not used to programming in perl. but i can learn. so if anyone has any inputs that can help me make this, i'll gladly accept them.

Thanks.

P.S : please dont trash this if i put it up in the wrong section. i thought plugin is the most accurate place to put this up. anyway i saved a copy of this message. so if you MUST trash, then go ahead.

Technology
Super Moderators
Super Moderators
Noob?: No

Re: Help : Tutorial to make plugins

#2 Post by Technology »

Seems like you have a good idea there, and yea plugins are a good way to contribute.

This should get you started:
http://wiki.openkore.com/index.php?titl ... r_OpenKore

I also recommend you to look at other Openkore plugins.
for example: https://openkore.svn.sourceforge.net/sv ... -refine.pl which makes extensive use of Tasks and the TaskManager
One ST0 to rule them all? One PE viewer to find them!
One ST_kRO to bring them all and in the darkness bind them...

Mount Doom awaits us, fellowship of OpenKore!