is there a way to modify what shows on the console?

All resolved question will be found here. It is recommended that you browse / search through this section first and see if your question has been answered before

Moderators: Moderators, Documentation Writers

flange6
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

is there a way to modify what shows on the console?

#1 Post by flange6 »

as the title says, was wondering if there is a way to modify what lines actually shows up on the console.

A lot of my time i spend manually killing, than switching to kore when i want a break. Iam looking for a way to change things showing up.
For eg: I don't want damage taken/done showing up, just when you start attacking a monster, and when it dies. It just spams my poor old eyes too much.
nor items that drop on the ground. I just want it to say when it picks something up.

sometimes I will manually use buffs (like a exp book or whatnot) whilst pots and other things are automated. Trying to see what the item list number is when you're in the middle of a 4 way battle is bloody hard heh.

I've read as much as I could find, so i'm guessing maybe not, but figured it can't hurt to ask.

cheers

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

Re: is there a way to modify what shows on the console?

#2 Post by EternalHarvest »

squelchDomains

flange6
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by flange6 »

awesome, working great now, thanks

setsunaseiei
Human
Human
Noob?: No

#4 Post by setsunaseiei »

Code: Select all

squelchDomains <domains>, <domains>
To view which domain you want to 'squelch', add this to config.txt

Code: Select all

showDomain 1
Run the bot and read the words at the left side of the console betwee the [ ] brackets.
:D
オペンコレ!

gelo2012
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#5 Post by gelo2012 »

I tried using squelch domains to know if it will reduce cpu usage. I almost squelched every verbose available. Sadly I just felt my computer got slower after botting for 2 weeks straight. Now I can't tell if using squelch domain can reduce cpu usage.. My question is, can it?

Liposo
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt
Noob?: No

#6 Post by Liposo »

gelo2012 wrote:I tried using squelch domains to know if it will reduce cpu usage. I almost squelched every verbose available. Sadly I just felt my computer got slower after botting for 2 weeks straight. Now I can't tell if using squelch domain can reduce cpu usage.. My question is, can it?
I want someone to answer this question too.

But in my opinion, it won't make much difference. The CPU usage cost is mainly from process inside that we don't see. By telling it not to print some processed info won't make huge difference here.