config.txt changing itself?!

All resolved question will be found here. It is recommended that you browse / search through this section first and see if your question has been answered before

Moderators: Moderators, Documentation Writers

General Krakus
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

config.txt changing itself?!

#1 Post by General Krakus »

Not sure if this is the right spot for this, please move it if necessary...

It seems my config.txt has a mind of it's own. When I use it to run a melee character, I have autoAttack and similar commands set to their typical values (i.e. attack). I also have a heal slave that I run off the same file, and I adjust autoAttack and such to 0 so that my priest doesn't attack monsters and end up dying. In the beginning, it wasn't working at all, and my priest ended up attacking anything that my party was attacking; however, it seemed to work itself out and was running perfectly fine for awhile.

Lately, I've noticed that my priest has begun attacking monsters again, even though I've set autoAttack, autoAttack_party, and autoAttack_follow to 0. When I go back in to check my config.txt to see what's up, the values are reset to 2, 1, and 1, respectively (settings I use for my other chars). I double check my settings every time and I KNOW I set them all to 0, yet it's somehow getting changed. I have no macros running that would influence this, and I don't have any of those command lines in any !include file that I have either. I close out and reopen my Kore every time I make a change to config.txt, and I even rebooted my computer, and the settings are still getting changed. Why is this happening? Pretty sure I have the most up-to-date Kore, is there anything else that would be affecting this?

Thanks

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

Re: config.txt changing itself?!

#2 Post by EternalHarvest »

General Krakus wrote:When I use it to run a melee character, I have autoAttack and similar commands set to their typical values (i.e. attack). I also have a heal slave that I run off the same file, and I adjust autoAttack and such to 0 so that my priest doesn't attack monsters and end up dying.
Config is automatically saved when something changes, so if you have different settings you need separated config files (maybe with common stuff in additional included file).

General Krakus
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by General Krakus »

EternalHarvest wrote:
General Krakus wrote:When I use it to run a melee character, I have autoAttack and similar commands set to their typical values (i.e. attack). I also have a heal slave that I run off the same file, and I adjust autoAttack and such to 0 so that my priest doesn't attack monsters and end up dying.
Config is automatically saved when something changes, so if you have different settings you need separated config files (maybe with common stuff in additional included file).
What exactly do you mean "when something changes?" I modify and save my config every time I run Kore, depending on which char I'm using (haven't gotten around to making multiple config files yet). If I'm running my offensive chars, I have the autoAttack settings set accordingly; when I have my heal slave running, I have the autoAttack settings on 0. I've been running this for a few weeks now without a problem.

The only thing I can think of is that I made some !include files with each char's skills, and recently I added the autoAttack settings to each one at the top so I wouldn't have to change my config every time (and #'d them in the main config file). I made sure that the only !include file I had active was the char I was currently running, so as not to have multiple autoAttack settings going at once. However, when I started having these problems, I removed all the autoAttack settings from my !include files.

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

#4 Post by EternalHarvest »

General Krakus wrote:What exactly do you mean "when something changes?" I modify and save my config every time I run Kore, depending on which char I'm using (haven't gotten around to making multiple config files yet).
Exactly: when any config value is changed (for example, due to secureAdminPassword, but there are many other possibilities). If you ever run multiple instances simultaneously, don't use the same top-level config file for them.

General Krakus
Noob
Noob

#5 Post by General Krakus »

EternalHarvest wrote:
General Krakus wrote:What exactly do you mean "when something changes?" I modify and save my config every time I run Kore, depending on which char I'm using (haven't gotten around to making multiple config files yet).
Exactly: when any config value is changed (for example, due to secureAdminPassword, but there are many other possibilities). If you ever run multiple instances simultaneously, don't use the same top-level config file for them.
I only run one char at a time, never 2 at once. I ran it like this for a month with no problems, now all of a sudden it won't save things.

I've noticed now that it will save certain things but not others. Changing Follow from 1 to 0 won't save, but if I delete the character name it is supposed to follow, that saves. So Kore is being told to follow someone, but it doesn't know who, so it runs on its own. Sell/store saves as well, so I can enable/disable that if necessary.