CPU to run more Bots

All resolved question will be found here. It is recommended that you browse / search through this section first and see if your question has been answered before

Moderators: Moderators, Documentation Writers

kopi26
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

CPU to run more Bots

#1 Post by kopi26 »

Hi!

With the specs below, I can run 15 instances with my cpu playing around @ 60% - 90% load and 65C - 70C.
i3-2100(stock cooler), 8gb 1333mhz

I want to figure out which would be more beneficial in terms of running more instances: An Intel i5 or AMD FX 8320.

Thanks!

Sinjin
Noob
Noob

Re: CPU to run more Bots

#2 Post by Sinjin »

I would get a i5 2500 or similar off ebay and call it a day. Going AMD means also getting another motherboard which can be expensive.

kopi26
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by kopi26 »

thanks for the reply!
I forgot to mention that I'll be buying a new motherboard either way and will probably add another 8gb.
so, Will an i5 still be better than an fx 8320?

note: i7 is out of the question :-)

ptcarino
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt
Noob?: No

#4 Post by ptcarino »

kopi26 wrote:thanks for the reply!
I forgot to mention that I'll be buying a new motherboard either way and will probably add another 8gb.
so, Will an i5 still be better than an fx 8320?

note: i7 is out of the question :-)
generally speaking, AMD has more cores than intel has to offer (yet. Intel's Haswell-E chips will be 8 cores set to release late this year). but Intel outperforms AMD chips on single core performance. meaning you get more performance per core on an Intel chip than an AMD chip. if you don't plan on overclocking your AMD chip then i guess my answer is Intel.

i can't really give a lot of info on AMD multi-core chips because i haven't tried one yet. so i don't know first hand how an AMD 8 core performs. but, generally speaking again, more cores means better multitasking.