Slow attack after loot

All resolved question will be found here. It is recommended that you browse / search through this section first and see if your question has been answered before

Moderators: Moderators, Documentation Writers

zCasanova
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Slow attack after loot

#1 Post by zCasanova »

I've noticed that after looting, my bot doesn't immediately attack the next monster onscreen - instead, it will return to its route path, after which it will then return to attack another monster. It is hard to describe, but I have noticed that other bots on the server (iRO) are doing the same thing.

The sequence should look like: attack -> loot -> attack -> loot

Instead it looks like: attack -> loot -> route -> attack -> loot -> route -> attack

This happens when there are available monsters to be attacked within kore's sight distance - it simply doesn't initiate the attack process without first returning to its route path first.

If multiple aggressives are attacking kore, it will kill them all back-to-back, but will display this behavior again once the attack sequence has completed and it must find another monster to attack.

This makes the bot look extremely obvious when botting a nonaggressive map and it slows down leveling.

I can't find anything on the forums regarding this. I have played with my timeouts and configs for several days to make sure it wasn't a mistake on my end, but as I mentioned above, other bots on the server on showing the same symptoms.

Oddly enough, if I turn off looting, this behavior goes away - is this is known bug with kore's loot code?

SkylorD
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Slow attack after loot

#2 Post by SkylorD »

Learn rules

zCasanova
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by zCasanova »

It isn't a timeout issue - the bot actually returns to pathing prior to attacking available mobs within its sight, i.e., if its calc route destination is away from the mob, the bot will head that direction first, then return in the opposite direction to attack the mob after taking several steps.

I have played with my config and timeouts and the only way I can resolve this behavior is by turning off looting.

vitriol
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#4 Post by vitriol »

zCasanova wrote:the bot actually returns to pathing prior to attacking available mobs within its sight
this indicates that it is a timeout issue. I immediately see two parameters that could cause this behavior. And one of them is in the timeouts.txt file but is missing from the wiki.

Johan Liebert
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#5 Post by Johan Liebert »

It actually might be.

Try lowering

Code: Select all

# Check for monsters to attack every x seconds
ai_attack_auto 0.5
It's likely taking half a second to rescan for monsters and that's the effect you're seeing. Try lowering it to 0.3 or 0.01. Depending on how lag free you are.

SkylorD
Moderators
Moderators

#6 Post by SkylorD »

http://www.openkore.com/index.php/AttackMaxDistance

Funny my bot attack->loot->attack->loot->route when no monster
Learn rules