What kind of error is this

All resolved question will be found here. It is recommended that you browse / search through this section first and see if your question has been answered before

Moderators: Moderators, Documentation Writers

SkylorD
Moderators
Moderators
Noob?: No

Re: What kind of error is this

#11 Post by SkylorD »

Hum...
Here recvpackets :

http://pastebin.com/tegHjSs1

Try and find the correct serverType :D
Learn rules

RObotic
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#12 Post by RObotic »

Don't worry I'll try my best^^

SkylorD
Moderators
Moderators

#13 Post by SkylorD »

also about the extraction of the tables, they all seem to be in utf-8 (theyre inside that folder as well) the wiki mentions BOM though, and I have no clue how to figure out if they're with/without it.
Don't worry with this, just worry with extractions.
When you read this ?

Unrecognized character \x80; marked by <-- HERE after MZ<-- HERE near column 3 a
t extractor.exe line 1.
Hum...

Good, you advanced.
When you digit perl packet_extract.pl bla bla bla
Later time, a new message will appear :

Digit : extractor.exe > recvpackets

Something like.
Don't close CMD, with same windows, you will digit extractor.exe > recvpackets.

If you are interested in using this tool, post pictures step by step how you're doing.
Learn rules

RObotic
Noob
Noob

#14 Post by RObotic »

Don't worry with this, just worry with extractions.
When you read this ?
All files must be in UTF-8 without BOM with Unix line endings (LF). Almost any text editor (except Notepad) can do these conversions without problems.
its in category:tables on the OKwiki
which is kinda fun, since I used notepad for the utf-8 conversion and it is also mentioned in the svn somewhere.

For the pearl part, I will upload them tomorrow, I think I am gonna hit the sacks soon^^ kinda 4am here by now.
But it might be worth mentioning, that I got the "extractor.exe > recvpackets" message, if I did it though, the extractor which got executed in the process crashed before giving any output.

Unrecognized character \x80; marked by <-- HERE after MZ<-- HERE near column 3 a
t extractor.exe line 1.

This error I got when I used: Perl extractor.exe > recv.......... - It also resulted in a recvpackets.txt which was empty, out of curiousity, do you think it is possible it's because im running a 64bit system (wouldn't be the first time it screws up some stuff)
if yes I would be able to use the extractor in dosbox using windows 3.11 -> gonna check up on that later

Also I encountered this problem: Packet Parser: Unhandled Packet: 006C Handler: connection_refused
006C is included in the recvpackets you provided, which I first checked. Sadly I can't see where this should point me at.

Also you mentioned have fun figuring out the server type, which should be narrowed to either: kRO_RagexeRE_2010_11_24a or kRO_RagexeRE_2010_08_03a

I prefer the 08 server considering the compilation date was before november, so technically it shouldn't be the 11 one.

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

#15 Post by EternalHarvest »

RObotic wrote:All files must be in UTF-8 without BOM with Unix line endings (LF). Almost any text editor (except Notepad) can do these conversions without problems.
its in category:tables on the OKwiki
which is kinda fun, since I used notepad for the utf-8 conversion and it is also mentioned in the svn somewhere.
Notepad could do just utf-8 conversion, but not BOM and line endings. Maybe it's Notepad++ which is mentioned in FAQ, macro manual etc?

RObotic
Noob
Noob

#16 Post by RObotic »

Ok, I figured out the 006C Hander, it is the Charblocksize, fixed it - now I can connect to the server, I get disconnected from the mapserver though as soon I get an owerweight msg, sadly there are no implications why.

RObotic
Noob
Noob

#17 Post by RObotic »

I encountered some other unknown packets/problems

SkylorD
Moderators
Moderators

#18 Post by SkylorD »

Stuck during route is normal.
Packet Parser|Tokenizer (unknown/unsupported packets)

Part 1)
You may add the missing packetswitches to the packet_list{switch} in the serverType where it belongs for the following errors:
"Packet Parser: Unknown switch: xxxx"
I think only the Devs and kLabMouse that could can fix it.
Learn rules