Forum closed. Read only permissions.

Moderator: Moderators

Mushroom
Perl Monk
Perl Monk
Noob?: No

[Guide] How to make useful topics.

#1 Post by Mushroom »

I'm tired of seeing dumb and noobs topics around the forum, so i'll try to see if this guide can stop at least 50% of this kind of topics. In this guide, i'll give some tips which can avoid your topic getting trashed.

1) Topic tittles

Try to make a good tittle, remember good tittle = more people going to see the topic = more support. A good tittle would be one which gives a very short describe about your problem.
NEVER use tittles like, "Help me plz", "Got a problem", "ServerRO problem", "Need help" etc etc etc... I usually ignore that kind of topics because I know that they are going to be trashed.

2) Make your topic in the right places

Avoid making topics in the wrong place. Want to make a support topic? make it in the support section, want to give tips? use the Tip & tricks section. It's very annoying to see a support topic in the Discursion section fo example, it makes the forum very desorganized and looking bad.

3) Typing

DON'T type like ths "HeLp Me I gOt An ErRoR" it's just annoying and doing this, your topic is going to be trashed. Avoid using casp lock, just use when necessary. Write your topic in ENGLISH. Don't know how to speak English? Use a translator or diccionary. You can use Google Translator and UltraLingua diccionary.

4) Topic context

When writting your topic, make sure that you give ALL the details. Like openkore version, server, what were yu doing when the error appered. The more details about your problem, the better support you'll get. Don't forget to say what you already did to try to fix the problem, doing this you can avoid people saying things that you had already done. Remember to ALWAYS search on the forum (the old one too ;D) about your problem, 99% of the topics made here are about a problem which was already solved in the past. Also, READ the daamm manual before creating your topics, don't be lazy or your topic WILL BE trashed. NEVER make topics begging for bots, macros, plugins, configs, doing this, there is a 100% that your topic will get trashed. Examples are "Plz send me a working bot for xxxRO on my e-mail: xxxxx@xxxx.com". Everybody hate this kind of topics. Always use code tags when posting logs errors, plugin, macros, configs... code tags make your topic better to read and understand, and they look very good :D
Almost forgetting, saying that your new to openkore is NOT an excuse to beg for configs. New in openkore? LEARN IT. Don't know ow to make macros? LEARN IT. DOn't know how to config something? LEANR IT. Don't be a spoonfeeder, LEARN.

Hall of noobs

Here i'll put all the names of people who didn't read the manual or made a stupid topic. These are examples of people who got their topics trashed. You can take a look at their topics to see what you SHOULDN'T do.
Don't be like them! Be better than them! Read the manual (if it's agains the rules, tell me and i'll remove this part of the guide)

bloodpain006
kratos43
lordleviathan
bonishox
GettinSome
Bouncermac8
Passion RO
ineedyou
lilyoshipowder
Newbotter
jeshy15
Invalid-name
darko
doc2death

Didn't finished the list, because there are way too many noobs here :/
Don't want your name here? Read ALL the manuals before making your topics, don't beg, search, don't be a noob.

Well, that's it.
Comments? Suggestions?
Quit.

Taga-Gubat
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Re: [Guide] How to make usefull topics.

#2 Post by Taga-Gubat »

I think this should be sticky'ed for all newcomers to see.

Just not quite sure about the Hall of Noobs part, though. I think that should be on a separate thread on the Misc Section. Just voicing out my opinion.
Practice makes perfect. Nobody's perfect. I want to be a nobody so that I can be perfect.

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#3 Post by Bibian »

they dont even bother reading the rules, what makes you think they'll read this

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#4 Post by sli »

The people that do read this get to humiliate them.
cs : ee : realist

bonishox
Noob
Noob

#5 Post by bonishox »

Mush u suck i'm did a macro to help forum and u suckegg ezza and trash me, i think u need put your name in noob hall, because my macro works try to use first, later comment

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

#6 Post by kali »

Talking like that definitely puts you in the n00b category.
Got your topic trashed by a mod?

Trashing topics is one click, and moving a topic to its proper forum is a lot harder. You expend the least effort in deciding where to post, mods expend the least effort by trashing.

Have a nice day.

bonishox
Noob
Noob

#7 Post by bonishox »

kali wrote:Talking like that definitely puts you in the n00b category.
look my thread http://forums.openkore.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4858 i'm only want to help but ezza and mush, come and trash me -.-

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

#8 Post by kali »

Yep, it's definitely FAIL
1. Not using code tags. FAIL!
2. Calling ezza, who has been instrumental in vastly improving on arachno's Macro plugin, a noob. FAIL!
3. Speaking like a 15 year-old. FAIL!
4. Using spaghetti code and not using programming best practices. FAIL!
5. Copying someone else's work without understanding it. FAIL!
6. Saying your thread has been trashed but it was only locked to prevent further flaming (which is your own fault anyway) to protect yourself. FAIL!
7. Being unable to accept your failure despite everyone else saying it. FAIL!
8. Posting here still trying to defend yourself. FAIL!

I can go on, but I don't want to hurt your feelings (any further anyway).
Oh, and can we keep on topic now? If you post on this topic one more time, you get banned. Not kidding.

Trashing topics is one click, and moving a topic to its proper forum is a lot harder. You expend the least effort in deciding where to post, mods expend the least effort by trashing.

Have a nice day.

iamanoob
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#9 Post by iamanoob »

kali wrote:Oh, and can we keep on topic now? If you post on this topic one more time, you get banned. Not kidding.
that silenced him XD

put me in that noob category too. :D
should we have a newcomer section???
Newbie Section
- Do you want to introduce yourself?
something like that XD
on top of it
their would be links about the macro manual and the config manual
or is it already in the FAQs section?
DARKest Ninja

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

#10 Post by kali »

One good tip to make a useful topic is to post in such a way that it's easy to read. This means you have to make good use of punctuation, grammar, and sentence/paragraph construction.

I've seen a lot of posts that would have been useful, but are a pain to read., robbing them of potential value.

Have a nice day.