Announcements/News

Moderator: Moderators

carlzero7
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Re: PM NOMIONATIONS: An Open Call for an OK Leader

#61 Post by carlzero7 »

sli's a great person, much of the credits are due to his innate skill in the field of programming, and also to his characteristic of being significantly initiative. But I believe though that leadership is far much greater beyond those qualities. If I may, I would vote for kLabMouse.

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#62 Post by Bibian »

i abstain... as i couldn't care less :P

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#63 Post by Cozzie »

Community members, if you are NOT a member of staff, you do NOT have the authority for an official vote. Please redirect your preference here as a discussion.
Make Openkore Awesome. Join the team.

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#64 Post by sli »

And also learn how to vote objectively. :lol:
cs : ee : realist

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#65 Post by kLabMouse »

botty007 wrote:kLabMouse, what about developpement Leader? or do you think the management project Leader stuff will take you not long? I'm feel better to know you are working on AI2008 than organizing, take decisions, find who will put the website, the wiki back operationnal, etc...

The suitable for project Leader is someone like ponty who take responsability to create this post and make the project survive. But too bad you don't have time to invest into opnkore project.
Totally Agree.

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#66 Post by sli »

botty007 wrote:kLabMouse, what about developpement Leader? or do you think the management project Leader stuff will take you not long? I'm feel better to know you are working on AI2008 than organizing, take decisions, find who will put the website, the wiki back operationnal, etc...

The suitable for project Leader is someone like ponty who take responsability to create this post and make the project survive. But too bad you don't have time to invest into opnkore project.
Democracy: ur doin it rite
cuyie wrote:my vote goes for kLabMouse
--mRO (Malaysia) PIN code support---
Democracy: ur doin it wrong

Just so every one knows, those quote just happen to be about kLabMouse, I'm not complaining about that. :lol: It irks me in these community votes when people are way too subjective. botty007 looks like he really knows how to vote objectively. He measured the situation, made a decision based on his assessment, and gave supporting reasons for his choice.

cuyie on the other hand is a perfect example of being completely subjective. "This guy gave me one thing I want, so nothing else matters." Except that it kinda does.

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#67 Post by kLabMouse »

Hmm.. Today is April 27.
Somebody count all the Votes... or better adjust the date, so every active/uactive stuff/team member post his vote.

ponty
Moderators
Moderators

#68 Post by ponty »

Ya, I'll release the count later tonight. Gotta head out now so I'll extend it till then.
Follow The template in Asking Questions or Be Trashed

Openkore Documentation Editor/Writer
~Servus Servorum~

ponty
Moderators
Moderators

#69 Post by ponty »

epsilon wrote: edit: offtopic*btw I still havent recieved an answer for my application in being a documentator though*
Hey epsilon, that's odd, did you send Cozzie an email about that? I think he's still responsible for the documentation portion and Bibian is the only one able to boost your forum status.
botty007 wrote: The suitable for project Leader is someone like ponty who take responsability to create this post and make the project survive. But too bad you don't have time to invest into opnkore project.
Thanks. I'll still help where I can though just won't take the official role for it all.

AAANANNNDDDD for the moment everyone's waiting for...

The nominee with the most official staff votes is...

kLabMouse! (with 7 votes)
And
sli was very close with 5 votes.

Congrats to both! for having more votes than moi haha (not that I was really participating)

IMHO I think both guys were equally chosen by the looks of the votes (and also considering the non-official one including the rest of the community with sli slightly leading). So we'll have kLabMouse lead the pack official now, while sli be second in command by assisting with and advising kLabMouse about his decisions as a source of second opinion. I'll let you guys decide on how to call yourselves...

So all that being said, let's start transforming some of those words and ideas into action. I'll bestow upon the two of you the first task of prioritizing what needs to get done to get the gears back rolling. How that gets done (involve the community, discuss between yourselves/staff, dictatorship, etc...) is up to your problem solving style.
Follow The template in Asking Questions or Be Trashed

Openkore Documentation Editor/Writer
~Servus Servorum~

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#70 Post by sli »

I'm going to have to decline the position. kLab and I have way too many ideological differences for me to work directly under him (everyone on IRC knows this), so I'm going to defect the position to someone else. My sole interest when I came back was being project manager, since I'm not a Perl hacker and I sure as hell don't do support. Thanks to those who supported my nomination, but I think this is a sign that I should turn my focus back to Erok.