IP and MAC address questions

Discussion about everything RO and OpenKore related. This place is NOT for ANY kind of support questions.

Moderator: Moderators

guest1337user
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

IP and MAC address questions

#1 Post by guest1337user »

Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone knows what the gms look for to find other accounts associated with a bot account that was banned. I read through the forums about ip bans and such, and I'm sure it varies from server to server, but just curious what techniques you have seen (especially on iro)

- For IP address bans, is it all accounts that have been used on that ip over the lifetime of the server? Is it the IP address used to create the warpportal account? Perhaps both? I would imagine wp account creation is on a different db server.
- Do the gms have access to the mac address, and can they use the mac address to ban all accounts existing on that mac address?

Aappoolloo
Human
Human
Noob?: No

Re: IP and MAC address questions

#2 Post by Aappoolloo »

guest1337user wrote:Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone knows what the gms look for to find other accounts associated with a bot account that was banned. I read through the forums about ip bans and such, and I'm sure it varies from server to server, but just curious what techniques you have seen (especially on iro)

- For IP address bans, is it all accounts that have been used on that ip over the lifetime of the server? Is it the IP address used to create the warpportal account? Perhaps both? I would imagine wp account creation is on a different db server.
- Do the gms have access to the mac address, and can they use the mac address to ban all accounts existing on that mac address?
GM's dont have an access to the mac address

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

#3 Post by kali »

Aappoolloo wrote:

For some servers, some packets encode the current computer's mac address. However, kore doesn't do that and just gives out random mac addresses. So it might be that if you don't show a "valid" mac address, or you have too much variance on mac addresses you play from, that might be a red flag no your account.
Got your topic trashed by a mod?

Trashing topics is one click, and moving a topic to its proper forum is a lot harder. You expend the least effort in deciding where to post, mods expend the least effort by trashing.

Have a nice day.

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

#4 Post by kali »

Aappoolloo wrote:

For some servers, some packets encode the current computer's mac address. However, kore doesn't do that and just gives out random mac addresses. So it might be that if you don't show a "valid" mac address, or you have too much variance on mac addresses you play from, that might be a red flag no your account.
Got your topic trashed by a mod?

Trashing topics is one click, and moving a topic to its proper forum is a lot harder. You expend the least effort in deciding where to post, mods expend the least effort by trashing.

Have a nice day.

leozhai
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt
Noob?: Yes

#5 Post by leozhai »

IP ban i believe is work on Last Login IP.. if you bot 10 id using same ip..they will ban at once.

last time i play iro classic been ban 20 id at once