International

Moderator: Moderators

blammy
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Re: got banned

#11 Post by blammy »

i got a log about a char named "Gildas" asking if my char is a bot, since my bot didn't respond, it got banned, including all my bots in my IP. got 2 separate PC with atleast 10 bots each. and all got banned.

tronix04
Noob
Noob

#12 Post by tronix04 »

@blammy

sad bro! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Dawg
Human
Human

#13 Post by Dawg »

britoniah - gef_fild13 got wiped today. goodbye restart

tronix04
Noob
Noob

#14 Post by tronix04 »

yup maps i was botting befor got banned:
pay_fild10
cmd_fild02
gef_fild05
gon_fild01

bot extinction, as of this post, 4.1k online...
goodbye re:tart!

leozhai
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#15 Post by leozhai »

im still alive..hahaha~

Mysticicys
Noob
Noob

#16 Post by Mysticicys »

i botted at mjolnir_10 with 12 accounts, lost all 12 :\

But hey, at least i transferred all my goods to my merchant before it got banned. So i only lost half of course

pizzatopping
Human
Human

#17 Post by pizzatopping »

so then they're not IP banning, but possibly flagging accounts? Its the reset password message right?

NoGoodness
Noob
Noob

#18 Post by NoGoodness »

I think their banning bots recently, the population went down to 4k... and now after the maintenance its down to 2k.

tronix04
Noob
Noob

#19 Post by tronix04 »

they are banning account now.

what i think is, if one of your account is flagged as bot, thet will check all the other account with the same ip address, then ban them all...
one of my account was not ban because for some reason it couldn't connect at the time they were banning.

handspoof
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#20 Post by handspoof »

tronix04 wrote:they are banning account now.

what i think is, if one of your account is flagged as bot, thet will check all the other account with the same ip address, then ban them all...
one of my account was not ban because for some reason it couldn't connect at the time they were banning.
It's proven true for years since old servers exist, so you need to learn for Odin new/returning players...

You'll need to make some efforts for at least reducing chance for normal players identify you as bot. Gear-less or headgear-less characters are easier to spot plus some auto-follow and dummy names like NameA to Z, Name000 to 100... Even if you can make more and many accounts, trust me WP will make register process harder from time to time....

Use back up accounts as well so you don't lose most of your stuff. I typically shift them so if they reach certain levels, they'll be stop botting and just offline...