Post Renewal agi build leveling guide (noob friendly)

Forum closed. Read only permissions.

Moderator: Moderators

ravencross
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Post Renewal agi build leveling guide (noob friendly)

#1 Post by ravencross »

So I've only used Openkore for about two months and is a complete noob in computer programing and anything macros related but I still managed get to lvl 110+ so you can too!

First, I want to say that this is an AGI leveling build for thief/swordsman/merchant classes (I have yet to try out any of the extended or mage/archer classes yet. Acolytes can use this build but opts for lower str/dex for int. I will go over this at the end of this guide). It focuses on the 3 core stats, STR, AGI and DEX for just normal attacks and facerolling/afking (lolz S.A.D. build :'[ ).

Now for the leveling process.
lvl 1-12 - Finish noob training and set a lockmap to a relatively safe map with level 8-11 mobs like pay_fild01 or moc_fild12. For those who feel like being a bit riskier can do moc_fild11 and save at Morocc. At level 10 you should have 11str/13agi/15dex and a little over 100 hp.
add this in your config.txt file somewhere at the bottom.

Code: Select all

useSelf_item Novice Potion {
	hp < 60%
}
It should keep you alive until level 12 and lvl 10-12 should take no longer than an hr. Stats should look like 11/17/15 (str/agi/dex respectively)

Eden Quest I - Now you can go to the Eden headquarters to do the first item quest (talk to the lady next to the orange rune knight to register and then talk to the orange rune knight to do the first training).
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Eden_Group - for the guide to the eden group quests.
The this quest is conveniently located in moc_fild11 and finishing this quest should take you to level 13 and net you some equips and a sizable hp pool from them.

lvl 13~26 Now that we have a bigger hp pool, you can set the code to hp < 40% or 30%. My training spot of choice here is pay_fild02 (or pay_fild08) for spores/wormtail/boa(snakes). With 15-16 dex and ~20 agi you should have decent flee/hit against them and hit the mid 20's relatively easily (or leave it overnight). At this time you can freely leave your bot to kill while you do other things for ~4+ hrs.
add

Unknown #6219 1 0 0
to your items_control.txt file for the eden badge and your autostorage should look like this.

storageAuto 1
storageAuto_notAfterDeath 1
storageAuto_npc payon 181 104
storageAuto_distance 5
storageAuto_npc_type 1
storageAuto_npc_steps c r1 n
storageAuto_password
storageAuto_keepOpen 0
storageAuto_useChatCommand
relogAfterStorage 0
minStorageZeny 500
For the autostorage in the config.txt file (near the bottom) . Save in payon of course. This lets you afk
If you are not sleeping and can watch over kore, you can actively add stats/skills using console commands (Console Commands)
If this is your first account and you don't have any money then you might want to come back after an hr or two and sell the junk for some z's for autostorage. If you do, send over about 100k and this should be enough to for storage money until lvl 90+
Note that I have yet to discuss equipments at all so far.
Since Eden provides us armor at level 12, we only need weapons, the only one at our disposal so far is the novice one. Most level 2 weapons have a lvl 12-14 requirement and if you have the money you can buy it otherwise don't worry about it just yet (but it does make the leveling process a bit quicker).

lvl ~24-35 - your stats should look like 14/30/20 at level 24 and we can move to Bigfoot or stay with the spore/snake until 26. pay_fild07 is a good spot and you should have around 10-20k zeny from selling your junk (strawberries you can save or sell to other players for up to 1k per). Stay here until level 26 and then do the second Eden quest (also conveniently located near payon).
add

Unknown #15009 1 0 0
Unknown #2456 1 0 0
to your items_control.txt for the shoe/armor as you cannot store them (you want to keep them for after your trans).

Finishing this quest nets you a weapon (yey finally!~) with pretty good stats and now you can go back to bear farming.
Note: Keep your Bear's Footskin and animal skin for this next part.
If you started killing bigfoot at 24, then you should have some Bear's footskin and animal skin in which case you can turn in some for novice potions. The billboards in the eden headquarters has many repeatable quests and one such (level 26-40 board) requires you turn in 10 bear's footskin and 5 animal skin to Dashia (near the wall to the right of the spawn location in payon) for 1k exp and 100 novice potions (!!). You should turn in a few (5-10 turn ins is optimal) for 500+ novice potions and farm this map until level 35. The new weapon should speed this up (a few hrs).

Your stats should look like 20/40/25 with 7 stats point for your choice of one of the three. At this point you should have a lot of bear's footskin and animal skin (like ~1k bear's footskin). Yes, that's right, we're going to turn in this quest 100+ times! (I know you want to gouge your eyes out but I'm here to save you!~) At first I did this manually and well, it took 2+ hrs of pure boredom and then I discovered macros! (Follow instructions and install your macro plugins here)
in your macros.txt file add

macro bear {
do move 174 105 payon
do talknpc 177 111 c c r0 c
pause 3
do move 35 35 moc_para01
do talknpc 38 38  c r2 c r1 c r0 c c 
do move 30 10 moc_para01
pause 3
do move 175 62 payon
do talknpc 179 66  c c c r1 c c c c c
}
okay so this is a VERY BASIC (DON'T LAUGH AT MY NOOBISM D:) and simple macro that I wrote and its my first one after spending a few hrs researching the subject.
Okay so instructions, make sure you have all your bear's footskin and animal skin in your inventory (but don't be over 80% weight limit or else the guy won't talk to you) and sit somewhere in payon. Turn off your autostorage (change the 1 to a 0) and clear your lockmap (just delete the map by lockMap in your config.txt file). Now open kore (lolz open kore openKore... anyways) and on the console type in "macro bear -repeat xxx" and press enter (without the quotations and xxx is the number of time you want kore to turn in said quest). It will sometimes fail because sometime along the way, kore won't move and it'll have an error but its okay because it'll just loop around and everything will be alright. Usually I put 20 more than what I'd want to compensate for the errors.
doing every 30-35 turn in will give you 1 base level so you should end up at level 38 if you turned in 100 times (with 10,000 novice potions!!!~). Stats should look like 24/40/30 and we're ready to move onto the next map.

lvl 38-55 We finally get to leave payon and go to prontera (save here and change the autostorage location to prontera 151 29) and our next map for farming is gef_fild02. Lots of strawberries and shoes/hood for slotted gear or just vending. This will be an overnight thing but before we do that, Eden quest III!~

Once you hit level 40 you can do the Eden quest III for your next weapon and equipment (and a +2 str/agi/dex/int/luk to your cute hat depending on what you want). The quest is located (conveniently two maps west of our current map). It will be a very annoying quest as orc babies are stupidly hard to find but persevere!
add

Unknown #15010 1 0 0
Unknown #2457 1 0 0
for the shoe/armor. As for your weapon, it is a different code depending on what it is. You can find this out by typing "i neq" into the console and look for an Unknown #xxxxx that you don't already have listed down in the items_control.txt file. Again, you want to keep these for when you trans and you cannot store them. If you don't add these codes, kore will try to repeatedly store them and just gets stuck in this cycle.

***next day*** So after many hours killing coco and other stuff related, we are around level 50-55 depending on how little/much you slept.
Aim for 30/55/35 (lvl 51) and here you have the option of going to prt_fild09 for a few hrs or going back to sleep until you hit around level 54/55 with the coco. Another option is to save at payon and lockmap at moc_fild03 but beware as wolves assist so keep fly wings for auto teleport (not novice fly wings!)

lvl 55-70 You should have changed into your second class by now and our next destination will be morocc. The nap is moc_fild17 with hodes/sandman. Another overnighter or watch as he kills but you can get to 65~70 easily with this map.

lvl 70-75 at 70 your stats should look like 50/70/45 with 10 stat points of your choice in one of the three. Here We will be killing sky petites at gef_fild08 with our save at geffen. You will probably get hit more often but that's okay, we probably still have ~3000+ novice potions left (RIGHT?!!~). We only need to stay here until level 75-76 where our stats look like 50/80/45 or 60/75/45 or 65/70/45 depending on your preference (and how much novice pots you have left). Thief class may opt to go for the 3rd choice while swordsman/merchants go for the first (or second if they use panties/undie combo).

lvl 75-90+ This is the last stretch and you will be leaving your bots here and ignoring it except for maybe 5 min a day to do your stats/skills. The map is gef_fild06 (earth petites) and this map is INFESTED with bots, and for a good reason too. Earth petites give good experience and has decent loot that you can overcharge for 2 mil zenny every 20-25 hrs. The mantis and sidewinders are just on the side and their cards sell quite nicely too (mantis ~800k, sidewinders 3-4mil on iRO valk). In addition, they have a good drop rate of white herbs as well as rough oridecons and green live that you can sell to other players.

Here you might want to grab fly wings so you don't get mobbed (buy 1000+ and put them in your storage and keep 100 on yourself. Restock once in a while)
add

getAuto Fly Wing {
	minAmount 0
	maxAmount 100
	passive 1
}
to config.txt
This will make kore grab 100 fly wings every time autostorage is initiated. You can modify to have more or less than 100 depending on your preference.

You can chose to stay here until level 99 (level 90-99 takes about one day per level depending on your class) or you can leave at around 93-94 but this is one of the safest place as it is close to a city and the loot is good for its difficulty.

Once you hit 99, trans and repeat but this time, you get extra stats to spread around and play more with your build! The stats I give are base stats and are flexible. You can opt for more str early if you have gear for more dex/agi.

The reason why I went for a low str with high agi/dex early is that we're relying on our weapons for the damage and with high agi/dex, we hit often and we dodge often. This is optimal for using a bot. Also, the maps I gave are very specific because the mobs are generally non aggressive so you are generally safe until you reach the petites.

Acolytes -Acolytes can use this build up until job 10 where they need to start putting points in int and by the time they hit job 15, int should be around 10-15. You can sacrifice str or dex for this because by job 15, you should have level 10 blessing (+10 int/str/dex!~).
Add

useSelf_skill Blessing {
	lvl 10
	sp > 10%
	whenStatusInactive Blessing
	stopWhenHit 0
	notWhileSitting 1
	notInTown 1
}
into your config.txt file about half way down (you'll see the spot)
Blessing will make up for the sacrifice in str/dex.
Once you hit job 29, you should have level 10 agi up and you can start sacking some points in agi for int as well. You only need 25 base int for your mana regen to keep up with the agi/blessing.
add

useSelf_skill Increase AGI {
	lvl 10
	sp > 10%
	whenStatusInactive Increase AGI
	stopWhenHit 1
	notWhileSitting 1
	notInTown 0
}
for your agi spell. As far as your heal spell, you want level 5, and either keep it at level 5 to grab demonbane or skip that and grab level 10 heal if you don't plan on killing demons/undeads often (in this guide we are not doing demons/undeads at all but you may want to reconsider this for your trans as there will be many at lvl 95+ areas. Monk classes need lvl 10 divine protection and lvl 10 demonbane for their abilities so you only get level 5/6 heal).
We ended up with 10,000 novice potions but if you feel like you have excess mana towards the mid 50's then you can add

useSelf_skill Heal {
	lvl 10
	hp < 80%
	sp > 60%
	stopWhenHit 1
}
useSelf_skill Heal {
	lvl 10
	hp < 60%
	sp > 40%
	stopWhenHit 1
}
useSelf_skill Heal {
	lvl 10
	hp < 40%
	sp > 10%
}

Don't worry about the level as kore will use the highest level heal you have up to lvl 10.

Feel free to comment and I know I've spoon fed you guys but I hope this helps.

ravencross
Noob
Noob

Reserved

#2 Post by ravencross »

reserved for random junk here in the future hopefully

PinkPanda
Noob
Noob

Re: Post Renewal agi build leveling guide (noob friendly)

#3 Post by PinkPanda »

Pretty nice and detailed guide

I will save me a lot of time researching and writing those codes

barf
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

#4 Post by barf »

good guide, but I feel like 75 is too early for earth petite's, I like to go from hodes/sandman to argiopes, then to earth petites at around ~85-90, but maybe ur novice potion idea makes earth petite's feasible on a knight.

toasterAreYum
Noob
Noob

#5 Post by toasterAreYum »

Honestly, thanks for this. I used it heaps when first starting up!

toasterAreYum
Noob
Noob

#6 Post by toasterAreYum »

Thank you very much.

guytwo
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#7 Post by guytwo »

Awesome post! Works like a charm. Which items are ones that sell for a lot of zeny? I haven't played RO is ages and have no clue what the economy is like and what items are worth a lot. Is there a site where i can check current going prices for items? Thanks.

Nervus
Noob
Noob

#8 Post by Nervus »

Awesome Guide!! thank you!!!
update macro bear

macro bear {
do move 174 105 payon
do talknpc 177 111 c c r0 c
pause 3
do move 35 35 moc_para01
do talknpc 38 38  c r2 c r1 c r1 c c 
do move 30 10 moc_para01
pause 3
do move 175 62 payon
do talknpc 179 66  c c c r1 c r1 c c c
}
then I had to add in \tables\fRO\maps.txt
moc_para01.rsw#Eden#

and work perfectly!

gravitysucks
Noob
Noob

#9 Post by gravitysucks »

this guide is only usable up till about lvl 75 when he says to go kill petites. youre crazy if you think a blacksmith or alchemist (or even agi knight) can efficiently take on mobs of petites at lvl 75 with an agi build. first off, agi mechanics in renewal make flee almost worthless. the only way to even get enough flee to be remotely efficient is putting a whisper card in a dragon manteau set(only wearable by rebirthed classes) with alicel armor card. and even then youll still have your flee reduced to 0 when you get mobbed. Sure you can teleport/flywing everytime a mob hits you, but that would be a terribly inefficient way to level on petites map since thats all they do is mob you. it would severely cut your intake of exp (as ive tested on multiple classes and proven to fail). what you failed to mention is the amount of potions it requires to level this build (and seeing as weight cap is an issue, your bot will have to continually make town runs for pots)

its not a bad guide at all, but seeing as it was posted in 2011, there has been many nerfs to flee/monsters HIT rates raised since then. someone needs to make an updated guide on how to beat that 90-99 stretch efficiently now with the current state of things.

gravity continuously alters the maps and monsters to beat us botters, but all theyve managed to do is ruin the game for people actually wanting to play

i also wanna add that Magmarings seem to be the most popular method of 95-99 since its a nonaggro map and they give the highest exp for that lvl

Pestilenz
Noob
Noob

#10 Post by Pestilenz »

I updated the macro to work with the current iRO and OK

macro skin {
	do move moc_para01 37 29
	do talknpc 38 38 r2 c r1 r0
	do move moc_para01 30 10
	pause 2
	do move payon 177 64
	do talknpc 179 66 c r1 c 
}