Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Re: XCore 2 on Classic

#21 Post by sheim »

Xml files have many uses.

My shortcut is named "Classical" and has the following Properties

Code: Select all

Target: "C:\Games\Gravity\Ragnarok Online\clragexe.exe" 1rag1 /account:asdf.xml.
Start in: "C:\Games\Gravity\Ragnarok Online"
Shortcut Key: None
Run: Normal Window
Comment:
the asdf.xml (or any other name you used) needs to have

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="euc-kr" ?>

<clientinfo>

<servicetype>america</servicetype>
	<servertype>primary</servertype>
	<hideaccountlist></hideaccountlist>
	<extendedslot></extendedslot>

<connection>
		<display>iRO Server</display>
		<desc>None</desc>
		<address>127.0.0.1</address>
		<port>6902</port>
		<version>18</version>
		<langtype>1</langtype>
		<registrationweb>http://enweb.gravity.co.kr/e_regist.htm</registrationweb>
		<aid>
Where the address & port are the same as the ones in your config.txt
This goes in your \data\ folder in the RO installation folder

When you start the shortcut, it will start RO using that address and port which is the one your kore will be emulating as.
The client connects to the bot which is connected to the server

Najuri
Human
Human
Noob?: No

#22 Post by Najuri »

Thanks Shiem! Prior to you posting that i was able to get XCore 3 working using this guide http://wiki.wetfish.net/xkore .whats the difference between Xcore 2 and 3? Should i just stick to using 3 since its working for me?

sheim
Noob
Noob

#23 Post by sheim »

Whatever works for you, not sure on the exact different but XCore2 is doing great for me.

Najuri
Human
Human

#24 Post by Najuri »

sheim wrote:Whatever works for you, not sure on the exact different but XCore2 is doing great for me.
Ok i think im going to Give XCore 2 a try,as 3 keeps randomly disconnecting me and not being able to re connect.But first a few things,is XCore 2 the same as 3 in the fact then when i start the client,i either choose open kore proxy,or ragnarok direct(if i want to play w/o OK)and 2nd when using XCore 2 when i connect do i use my normal game PW,or do i use the Admin PW that is set in the config.txt?

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

#25 Post by EternalHarvest »

Should be fixed in r8061.

(Disregard that, wrong topic.)

sheim
Noob
Noob

#26 Post by sheim »

Najuri wrote:
sheim wrote:Whatever works for you, not sure on the exact different but XCore2 is doing great for me.
Ok i think im going to Give XCore 2 a try,as 3 keeps randomly disconnecting me and not being able to re connect.But first a few things,is XCore 2 the same as 3 in the fact then when i start the client,i either choose open kore proxy,or ragnarok direct(if i want to play w/o OK)and 2nd when using XCore 2 when i connect do i use my normal game PW,or do i use the Admin PW that is set in the config.txt?
Use your account name and password to run openkore, then when you open the classic exe with the shortcut, you use your account name and the AdminPassword from config.txt to log in, you will see "Ragnarok Online" in the server list and then character select might show multiple copies of the character playing, choose any to watch (and you can do most things manually through the client as well, it will send to the bot and give lots of "packet parser: unknown switch" but it will do what you asked it. Make sure to use ai off on the bot (and not on the Chat - cause then everyone will see you giving bot commands in chat haha! it happened to me when I typed stand so I've been careful from then on.) to take control, else you will struggle vs the autowalk ai :P

Najuri
Human
Human

#27 Post by Najuri »

EternalHarvest wrote:Should be fixed in r8061.
when i type version in the console to see what version i have it just shows a ( r ?), but then when i update it says completed at r8067,and im still getting these disconnects that just keeps trying to connect to the proxy

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

#28 Post by EternalHarvest »

Najuri wrote:
EternalHarvest wrote:Should be fixed in r8061.
My bad, wrong topic. r8061 was about some other issue.

Najuri
Human
Human

#29 Post by Najuri »

Thanks so much Shiem and Eternal Harvest!Ill report any game breaking bugs i come across if i happen to come across any.

Najuri
Human
Human

#30 Post by Najuri »

Im using XCore 2 but i dont have to do any of those extra steps,i just start OK,log on my acct w/ my admin pass Ragnarok Online server is selectable then im able to log on like that w/o having to run the special shortcut i made,any idea why and does this even matter?