RO Renewal

Discussion about everything RO and OpenKore related. This place is NOT for ANY kind of support questions.

Moderator: Moderators

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk
Noob?: No

Re: RO Renewal

#11 Post by sli »

Because that's a stupid idea? Let me just go download a gig of Elecom-enabled RO client just to try it out.
cs : ee : realist

Motivus
Developers
Developers
Noob?: Yes

#12 Post by Motivus »

sli wrote:Because that's a stupid idea? Let me just go download a gig of Elecom-enabled RO client just to try it out.
You just need to download a 3-4mb file, like any other pserver.

Elecom shield injects itself in to to the client through a loader. You run the loader, the loader checks for existing clients, and then the loader launches the RO client and injects a dll. The dll then intercepts loadlibrary/getprocaddress/recv/send/connect calls. It encrypts packets, and probably communicates with the server through elecom specific packets. Its encryption functions are fairly long, and it's possible it doesn't call ws2_32's send/recv but instead uses a custom send/recv function (pure speculation, because that's how I'd have done it had I gone through the trouble of doing what the elecom person did). This is all from a <1hr glance at an elecom shield enabled client.

It would be easy to add support, but then you could potentially get in to an update war. Which is fine, but the people updating anti cheats have a slight advantage because they can ban users.
Oh no.

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#13 Post by sli »

I always boycott servers that use any method to prevent users from playing how they wish. I mean servers that use any method to screw their players out of having their own fun. I mean servers that use any method to prevent modification of anything. So I have no idea how most of them are actually implemented.

MrDracula
Noob
Noob

#14 Post by MrDracula »

the kid just ask you to try out how does elecom shield prevent them to by pass through the server >_>

is that clear? >_>

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#15 Post by sli »

So I have to fucking spell it out?

I DON'T FUCKING HAVE AN RO CLIENT.

And I'm not wasting my time downloading one. Jesus.

MrDracula
Noob
Noob

#16 Post by MrDracula »

sli wrote:So I have to fucking spell it out?

I DON'T FUCKING HAVE AN RO CLIENT.

And I'm not wasting my time downloading one. Jesus.
Crap. >_>

nope. you don't have to fucking with your self to spell it out man >_>

cool man ~_~
Last edited by MrDracula on 06 Apr 2013, 06:59, edited 1 time in total.

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#17 Post by sli »

Yeah, that post made sense. This isn't much different than telling someone to use Linux when they ask about anti-virus software for Windows, which isn't a solution.

It would be much easier to just troll the eAthena boards for Elecom information than to simply try and play with an Elecom-injected client. Configuration information would be much more helpful (it has to be somewhere). It's not really in my interest to try and crack Elecom, nor have I made the claim that I could if I tried. I'm also not saying it would be terribly difficult to emulate, I imagine it's just shifting key pairs around because there really isn't a good way for Elecom to prevent you from running OpenKore. If the guy who created it (can't remember his name) knows anything, he didn't use a common encryption algo, but chances are he did. I haven't been able to find any information about that. Keep in mind that last encryption that was cracked wasn't actually cracked: it was just emulated with a plugin, and it was just Blowfish.