xkore 2, how to? [solved]

For everything NOT server specific support. Do NOT ask for connectivity help here!.

Moderator: Moderators

Runifl
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

xkore 2, how to? [solved]

#1 Post by Runifl »

Well I want to use xkore 2 on fRO, but I don't get it to work.
I changed xkore to 2 and secureadminpw to 0, but openkore itself doesnt even give an answer.
How can I use xkore 2 properly?

btw, if I get it right I can run openkore and then start ragnarok to play normally or to see what happens, right?
Last edited by Runifl on 05 Oct 2011, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.

L4M3573R
Human
Human

Re: xkore 2, how to?

#2 Post by L4M3573R »

I will give you a few hints....you need GRFTool(unless the client reads from the data folder first. That's a fail server.) and you need to find and edit your servers sclient.xml or client.xml. If you can't figure out the rest I'm sorry I'm not spoon feeding.

Runifl
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by Runifl »

L4M3573R wrote:I will give you a few hints....you need GRFTool(unless the client reads from the data folder first. That's a fail server.) and you need to find and edit your servers sclient.xml or client.xml. If you can't figure out the rest I'm sorry I'm not spoon feeding.
I'll try it, thank you so far.
I was just curious since Openkore didn't put anything in the console that it would work with xkore 2 now, even when I started the ragnarok client no message was written in the console.

L4M3573R
Human
Human

#4 Post by L4M3573R »

Xkore2 was always something that you really had to figure out on your own...even in the old manual there wasn't a big description. I suggest even if you don't figure it out not to keep asking because no one is going to do a "Tutorial for XKore 2" guide because it's annoying.

Daedalus
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#5 Post by Daedalus »

Xkore2 is explained pretty well in the wiki. If I can get it to work with it, others should at least have more complex questions/problems than "how to make xkore2 work"...

Runifl
Noob
Noob

#6 Post by Runifl »

Daedalus wrote:Xkore2 is explained pretty well in the wiki. If I can get it to work with it, others should at least have more complex questions/problems than "how to make xkore2 work"...
If you are referring to this wiki article, then i tried it already, or what there stands at least.

changed in config;

Code: Select all

XKore 2
XKore_silent 1
XKore_bypassBotDetection 0
XKore_exeName ragexe.exe

# XKore 2 / Proxy configuration
XKore_listenIp 127.0.0.1
XKore_listenPort 6900
XKore_publicIp 127.0.0.1

secureAdminPassword 0
Then I want to start the game client, and try to login, instead of using my normal userid + userpassword combination, i use my userid + openkores adminPassword in the game client.
In the console of openkore there are not any messages occuring, not even one hint that I can use xkore 2 or started the game client for example.
I still have to try L4M3573R's method with the GRF-Tool, but so far with this configuration from the wiki, it didn't help.

So Daedalus, is there any important thing that I have still to change, or do I just have the wrong wiki article?
Well if I don't find a solution then I have to play with openkore commands, though I thought xkore 2 was better for worst case scenarios when GMs might catch me once in a year.

EDIT: @L4M3573R: Though you didn't really want to help me out:
I guess client.xml is equal to my clientinfo.xml I found in my data.grf, though I can't manage to find a sclient.xml~ ( i remember to have this when I played on my old server, while using grftool).
Well if clientinfo.xml is already okay, I just have to set the address to my local host 127.0.0.1 or did I forfot anything else?

Just found this thread in openkore forum which could help me a tiny bit.

L4M3573R
Human
Human

#7 Post by L4M3573R »

Here I can shine a little bit of light on the situation... You use GRYFF(Myfavorite because it can repack the GRF...Let's say your botting on a private server usually the privet server has their own GRF or the official servers have just plain data.grf open that first and search for the client.xml. Now if you look at the way the XML is all the XML tells you is WHAT server you're connecting too. You need make make a new server selection type for XKore 2. Not going to tell you what it looks like....then save the XML and repack it back into the GRF that you got it with the edited info. I basically gave you the whole guide.

PS. You want the client to think XKore 2 is a server.

Runifl
Noob
Noob

#8 Post by Runifl »

So I did it with GRYFF now and I could succesfully change the connection data.
Though if I wanna connect I get the message "Disconnected from Server."
Any ideas or should I better give up here?

Code: Select all

<connection>
		<display>English</display>
		<desc>None</desc>
		<address>127.0.0.1</address>
		<port>6900</port>
		<version>1</version>
		<registrationweb>http://register.ragnarok.co.in</registrationweb>
		<aid>
			<admin>100085</admin>
			<admin>100207</admin>
			<admin>100363</admin>
			<admin>100365</admin>
			<admin>100491</admin>
			<admin>100504</admin>
			<admin>100973</admin>
		</aid>
	</connection>
Did I make a huge mistake or am I just too stupid for this?
Thought I must put the same data here, that I put into my config for xkore2 modus.

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers
Noob?: Yes

#9 Post by EternalHarvest »

Runifl
Noob
Noob

#10 Post by Runifl »

Thanks everyone for your help.
EternalHarvest, latest version fixed the problem for me, thank you!