Kore-RO v2 brainstorm thread

For everything NOT server specific support. Do NOT ask for connectivity help here!.

Moderator: Moderators

freezer123
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt
Noob?: No

Re: Kore-RO v2 brainstorm thread

#161 Post by freezer123 »

The link is right.. It will be all up by July 22nd.

I Just Log-in again and Test all NPC's (healer, warper, Job changer) its all fine now.. The fee in healer gets expensive once you gain a level and it depends how many HP you have..

Warper has a certain fee for Warp Service.

Openkore_Poseidon
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#162 Post by Openkore_Poseidon »

@All, we will transferring the discussion regarding the server on the Openkore-RO forums. Link as per below, thanks

http://www.openkore-ro.com/forums

pranavrules2008
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#163 Post by pranavrules2008 »

Can someone make a formal announcement on the Openkore forums for the Openkore-RO server? That'd really help getting more people's attention and we really would need every player we can get now :) Thanks..

Regards,
Pranav ~

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#164 Post by kLabMouse »

pranavrules2008 wrote:Can someone make a formal announcement on the Openkore forums for the Openkore-RO server? That'd really help getting more people's attention and we really would need every player we can get now :) Thanks..

Regards,
Pranav ~
I Suggest to finish up Integrating things:
Like CMS/FORUM/Control Panel/Server Engine
So all you could access by using one account.

Also. Take a good care about SEO, because it's too low.

kratos_openkore
Noob
Noob

#165 Post by kratos_openkore »

We are merely asking for the mod groups to advertise the server, not to give advice.
If the whole openkore were to SUPPORT the openkore-RO, I would suggest all you supporters to actually help pranav with the server instead of just giving advices.

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#166 Post by kLabMouse »

kratos_openkore wrote:We are merely asking for the mod groups to advertise the server, not to give advice.
If the whole openkore were to SUPPORT the openkore-RO, I would suggest all you supporters to actually help pranav with the server instead of just giving advices.
I suggest because the SEO Rank of resources that we give links for (especially banners and 1st~2nd level pages) must have not less SEO Rank then our. Else we loose a few point and move on search results.

As for today, I only see a bunch of non linked together php scripts uploaded to server.
Also, the RO server is eA base only, plus a few non checked scripts as addition.

Even the RMS Server has better Script base. Not to mention that RMS Admin posted the hole Post and Banners to use for Adv pages.

Plus, the original idea of KoreRO was to setup server for Macro and OpenKore testing.

SO. I suggest to do some better work before asking to put Adv here:
Site Part:
1. Integrate all together
2. Implement NPC/Mob/Item Data Base
3. Implement Shop Search
4. Make Site more comfort to use by Users

Server Part:
1. [MUST HAVE] Add update Server, purify Client Binary
2. [MUST HAVE] Implement Dynamic Rates for Human vs OpenKore (Exp penalty)
3. [MUST HAVE] Triple check all the additional 3rd party script base
4. [OPTIONAL] Check out all scripts to look more like official
5. [OPTIONAL] Implement last Client compatibility (Party Booking, Buying Store, Search Store)

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

#167 Post by EternalHarvest »

kLabMouse wrote:I suggest because the SEO Rank of resources that we give links for (especially banners and 1st~2nd level pages) must have not less SEO Rank then our. Else we loose a few point and move on search results.
If somebody really cares about that evil stuff, one can start with cleaning wiki URLs. It's not like it's unique Apache's feature.
Will for example global forum announcement with further details and links really be so devastating for you?

pranav and others: post here (or in separate topic) connection settings and other stuff in case you want it to be added/updated in OpenKore svn (or ask for svn access, but that's besides my competence).

V2C
Noob
Noob

#168 Post by V2C »

Who is hosting the server ?
Who is setting up the forums, CP, and etc. ?
Who is integrating them ?

Who is scrutinizing these ?
Is there check&balance among admins ?

Is the server really, i mean really up ?
I wonder if the server will be stable (administration wise), since I only see 1 person doing almost the complete thing-
I think it should be renamed as just KoreRO if none of openkore developers/contributors administers the server.

No offence ya. I feel uneasy with OpenKores' name on stake under a single person. Good job by the way, things seems to be going really fast. Just need some authority power balance. ;)

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#169 Post by kLabMouse »

EternalHarvest wrote:
kLabMouse wrote:I suggest because the SEO Rank of resources that we give links for (especially banners and 1st~2nd level pages) must have not less SEO Rank then our. Else we loose a few point and move on search results.
If somebody really cares about that evil stuff, one can start with cleaning wiki URLs. It's not like it's unique Apache's feature.
Will for example global forum announcement with further details and links really be so devastating for you?

pranav and others: post here (or in separate topic) connection settings and other stuff in case you want it to be added/updated in OpenKore svn (or ask for svn access, but that's besides my competence).
We use not Apache.
And I've already tried to configure our server to use clean URL, and failed, because it's configured to use one account per multiple domains/subdomains.

As for Main Page, Wiki, BugTracker, Forum integration. All is up in testing system, but again the CURL feature is not working as it should be.

And. As you know, We used to have Google AdSense Adv all over the forum. But Bibian disabled it, because some Game Dev teams, where using our Rank and keywords to Adv their Products.

n0s
Human
Human

#170 Post by n0s »

is it still up?