Moderator: Moderators

5e13ct
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt
Noob?: No

Discussion and flamewar about openkore.com.br

#1 Post by 5e13ct »

iMikeLance wrote:
5e13ct wrote:I would not want the KoreGhost or iMikeLance, were administrators of this area, as they are not collaborating with the community over the past solutions. As is the case of selling upgrades connection to servers BRO.
Well, your reason for not wanting us to help in the organization of this area is purely personal then?
No, on the contrary, i'm helping the best to keep the information on this forum, if you realize that i asked and open for discussion.

I understand that you and Ghost are not willing to help for a good in common, but for personal reasons, which would facilitate sales of VIP on his personal forum.

I see people like ever_boy_ and upancho are much more interested in personal goals without help, also, i think that would be good candidates to address this place.

[PT-BR]
Não, pelo contrário, estou ajudando no possível para manter as informações nesse fórum, se você perceber eu que solicitei e abri para discussão.

Entendo que você e o Ghost não estão dispostos a ajudar por um bem em comum, e sim por razões pessoais, as quais facilitariam as vendas de VIP em seu fórum pessoal.

Vejo que pessoas como ever_boy_ e upancho estão bem mais interessadas em ajudar sem objetivos pessoais, também acho que seriam ótimos candidatos para cuidar dessa área.

5e13ct
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

Re: Area for the community BRO

#2 Post by 5e13ct »

kLabMouse wrote:iMikeLance is already a Moderator. And that was way before that incident happened.
Also. We have own Rules here. More "friendly" rules.
and there is one, non written Rule: "Cannot get 'ban' unless you are a spam bot or some RLY stupid user".
the last part of rule, is the Post's Moderation one. You should have 10 approved posts, to bypass Moderation.
Roger that, good luck, i know most will stay in MSN groups, as it is currently.
[PT-BR]
Entendido, boa sorte, a maioria pelo que sei irá ficar nos grupos do MSN, como é atualmente.

KoreGhost
Developers
Developers

#3 Post by KoreGhost »

5e13ct wrote:
kLabMouse wrote:Yeah. Thus areas are made to support native language. Unless there is at least one active Moderator.
I would not want the KoreGhost or iMikeLance, were administrators of this area, as they are not collaborating with the community over the past solutions. As is the case of selling upgrades connection to servers BRO.

@Technology - I agree with the tools it's easy to google the translation of texts into Portuguese, although not exact.

[PT-BR]
Não gostaria que o KoreGhost ou o iMikeLance, fossem administradores dessa área, pois os mesmos não estão colaborando com a comunidade nas últimas soluções. Como é o caso de vender atualizações de conexão para os servidores BRO.

@Technology - I agree with the tools it's easy to google the translation of texts into Portuguese, although not exact.
Corrections do not sell, sell access to the Brazilian forum, whoever pays.

Não vendemos correções, vendemos acesso ao fórum brasileiro, paga quem quer.

Kaspy
Halfway to Eternity
Halfway to Eternity

#4 Post by Kaspy »

kLabMouse wrote:Flame War Again?
Anyhow. Do you people even Know how OpenSource Projects make Money?
Well, it's simple. They sell Customer Support.
[EN]
I know it is possible to earn money with open source projects, including, within the law, but ethically, never.
And the "war" in the area Brazilian OpenKore's not over yet...

Remembering that this is my opinion.
No support means to get money from open source projects like this. Okay selling additional (as you did) or what he earns from (some, this is the purpose), but supporting is different, as is differentiating members based in the capital and only giving money to some project.

[PT-BR]
Sei que é possível ganhar dinheiro com projetos open source, inclusive, dentro da lei, mas, dentro da ética, nunca.
E a "guerra" na área brasileira do OpenKore ainda não acabou...

Lembrando que essa é a minha opinião.
Não apoio meios de consegui dinheiro a partir de projetos open source dessa forma. Tudo bem vendendo adicionais (pois você que fez) ou o que ganha a partir (alguns, essa é a finalidade), mas dando suporte é diferente, pois estará diferenciando os membros com base no capital e dando dinheiro apenas para alguns do projeto.

Technology
Super Moderators
Super Moderators

#5 Post by Technology »

This is very on-topic here:
A wise man never argues with a fool...
One ST0 to rule them all? One PE viewer to find them!
One ST_kRO to bring them all and in the darkness bind them...

Mount Doom awaits us, fellowship of OpenKore!

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Discussion and flamewar about openkore.com.br

#6 Post by kLabMouse »

Well. This Flame war makes me sick.
And it's the same over and over on bRO related Forums and Sections.

Technology
Super Moderators
Super Moderators

#7 Post by Technology »

kLabMouse wrote:Well. This Flame war makes me sick.
And it's the same over and over on bRO related Forums and Sections.
I don't like it either when people fight over trivial things and forget the big picture.
OpenKore's mission statement should be something like this: "The opensource bot that lived trough more than a decade of RO and supports almost every server because of community efforts."

We the admins of the international community have no affiliations with the bRO server (no accounts/zeny/gm or any other power) and are obliged to offer refugee and freedom of speech to those who might be silenced by corrupt moderation otherwise. (Warning: I'm speaking hypothetically again here. I'm not pointing any fingers or saying that anyone did anything wrong, this is only a preventive countermeasure and I for one do not want to participate or even mangle in the fight I've witnessed here.)

I reopened the bRO section because bRO OK community members found it necessary to discuss on the international OK community forum.
And this discussion is moved there too, and you guys should post in the bRO section from now on for all bRO related stuff.

kLab, Eternal and other devs are doing enough as is and they should not have to deal with the bRO community fights.
So, bRO community, could you guys please learn to get along, for the benefit of OpenKore?
Bundle your efforts into something positive, like OK has been doing for about a decade.
Thank you.

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers
Noob?: Yes

#8 Post by EternalHarvest »

Technology wrote:international community
Shouldn't we promote usage of english here? Or many of "the admins" understand enough in the corresponding native language to be able to resolve any conflicts when they would happen and keep that "freedom of speech" and "absense of corrupt moderation"?

I'll just skip most native-language posts appearing here (like korean and arabic), won't try to help them and won't ever try to resolve any conflicts which could arise from these posts.

Don't forget what we have in our rules:
This is an open source community, and thus we would like support issues to be answered in an open and transparent manner for the benefit of future reference.
If you promote non-english posts, transparency and reference value would suffer.

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Post by kLabMouse »

EternalHarvest wrote:
Shouldn't we promote usage of english here? Or many of "the admins" understand enough in the corresponding native language to be able to resolve any conflicts when they would happen and keep that "freedom of speech" and "absense of corrupt moderation"?

I'll just skip most native-language posts appearing here (like korean and arabic), won't try to help them and won't ever try to resolve any conflicts which could arise from these posts.

This is an open source community, and thus we would like support issues to be answered in an open and transparent manner for the benefit of future reference.
If you promote non-english posts, transparency and reference value would suffer.
Well. I installed Brazillian SpellCheck lib, and Translating using Google Translate.
It's good to at least have a clue what's going on.

Technology
Super Moderators
Super Moderators

#10 Post by Technology »

EternalHarvest wrote:

Hmm, yes, that is indeed a good argument for using English as the forum language (by that I mean the language that is spoken to communicate).
In the previous bRO subsection we had, English was the language that most people spoke too.

Also, the only reason I was able to help the kRO community a while back was because they communicated with me in English.
(Btw, I'm no native English speaker either, I speak/write it to be able to communicate with the majority of people here)
So the parallel can be drawn, if people want us (most admins/moderators) to help, they should communicate in English.