International

Moderator: Moderators

Zeekor
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

iRO Valkyrie [Item Data]

#1 Post by Zeekor »

I am looking for a tablepack designed specifically for iRO Valkyrie, hopefully one which is updated regularly. I ran into a situation where an item dropped which was "unknown" (a christmas present for the xmas event). It wasn't picked up. I tried making my own table variation by extracting the appropriate file text from the GRF, but unfortunately there was no file that corrosponded with "itemslots.txt" so openkore froze up when i tried loading it. (At least, I think thats why it didnt work). Your advice would be appreciated. :?

Armentia
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Re: iRO Valkyrie [Item Data]

#2 Post by Armentia »

Why don't you just make it pick up everything by default and then make it ignore the things you don't want

doiknowy0u
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by doiknowy0u »

I agree, but how do you make it automatically pick up everything? I just want to confirm, I think I might've configured it but am not 100% sure.

Zeekor
Noob
Noob

#4 Post by Zeekor »

Yes I can set it to pick up the presents, but this question was more of a...well I'm basically trying to point out that an updated item list would be cool, especially for using "unknown" items in the config.txt. I'm sure there are other uses for wanting to have an updated item profile. Not sure if anyone wants to address that issue... :?

nuberamous
Human
Human

#5 Post by nuberamous »

dont be lazy maybe?

Code: Select all

12323#Novice_Fly_Wing
12324#Novice_Butterfly_Wing
12325#Novice_Maginifier
13041#Novice_Main_Gauche
Take this as a hint, the number to the left of the item is the item ID it shows in kore when you check the inventory of it. Then just make up a name for it - easy as that...... but that in the tables/items.txt ...

cuyie
Noob
Noob

#6 Post by cuyie »

there is a tutorial hw to update items.txt & itemsdescriptions.txt at pro forum .
1.) Download GRF Tool from the Openkore Sourceforge Files Page
2.) Run the application, click Open, then browse to your RO directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Gravity\RagnarokOnline)
3.) Select data.grf and click Open.
4.) A list of files will appear. In the Search box, type "txt" (without the quotes) to filter the results to only show txt files.
5.) Scan through the list again and search for these files: idnum2itemdisplaynametable.txt and idnum2itemdesctable.txt
6.) Select the files and click on Extract. Save it to your desktop. The files will be saved inside a folder named "data".
7.) Rename idnum2itemdisplaynametable.txt to items.txt and idnum2itemdesctable.txt to itemsdescriptions.txt
8.) *IMPORTANT* Open the files in Notepad and save them in UTF-8 encoding. (File > Save As...)
update items.txt & itemsdescriptions.txt

Zeekor
Noob
Noob

#7 Post by Zeekor »

I appreciate your reply Cuyie. I enjoy hearing from sensible people instead of the negative posts about being lazy etc.

I used to work with GRF files back when i was playing with eAthena. I've done custom spriting and GRF mods etc.

I actually updated those 2 files using the steps you mentioned. I did that last week before I posted here.

The problem occurs when my openkore posts a message saying that it cannot open itemdescriptions.txt.

I tried using the 2 files again after your post using the UTF-8 format instead of unicode but it still failed.

I thought it might have been effected by inconsistancies in the other txt files, but maybe its something else? Any suggestions?