Banned and not even botting <_>

Discussion about everything RO and OpenKore related. This place is NOT for ANY kind of support questions.

Moderator: Moderators

SPT
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Banned and not even botting <_>

#1 Post by SPT »

I was leveling a novice of mine in AnthemRO in some payon field, alt-tabbed back and fourth from my browser like usual with noctrl on. I moved to the next mob, hit it a few times and my screen flashed brown(all scratchy graphics). I got logged out and now my account is blocked by the GM team. What's weird about this is that I wasn't even botting, I was however reading the OK forums. I doubt there is any connection, but I find that p. weird.

Mushroom
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

Re: Banned and not even botting <_>

#2 Post by Mushroom »

Did you bot with other acc?? maybe they ip swept then, BAN.
Or... when u attacked the monster, a anti bot appers then your computer lagged. Then, when you logged off, you got banned for not answering the anti-bot.
Or maybe a mistake by the GM team.
Quit.

SPT
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by SPT »

Nah I haven't even botted this server yet, not sure if I plan to either (my only bot would be a merchant to sell things).
I think it's possible there was some kind of anti-botting system used against me (or maybe just a GM said "OMG IT LOOKS LIKE A BOT" and decided to ban me). I submitted a ticket to their GM team, however I will probably get "LOL SORRY WE SAID UR BOTTING SO U R WE'RE INVINCIBLE!!!"

Still no response on the ticket. I'm still kind of curious why I was banned. My client is fairly old (I've been using/patching the same one for years) so it's possible that may have something to do with it. But when I think about things like @botcheck which forces a bot to use a certain skill, that will not affect the client in any way. I bet I was just warped to a special room, crashed, then banned.

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#4 Post by sli »

Wait wait. First of all, how can they force a bot to use a skill but not affect an actual client? And two, why would the bot crash just from going to a special room? The most I'd see it doing is... well, nothing, because it probably just wouldn't be able to find a way out, so it'd just sit down.
cs : ee : realist

SPT
Noob
Noob

#5 Post by SPT »

I got a reply from one of their GMs:
You were banned for useage of a bot/3rd party application. Your novice was picking up items very quickly, heal trick worked on you, and when warped to a special room, your client showed up.

The only way this would happen is a few things:

1. You are not using Anthem.exe but another client.
2. You were botting.

Both of which are not allowed on this server.
#1 seems like something I broke, I kinda wanna make 50 bots on this server now and have them all level together.

Also to the poster above me, some servers have an @botcheck command which forces your bot to use some Rank0 skill. If someone is using it on a client, the client won't use the skill. Bots however will unless a certain setting is turned on.

Mushroom
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#6 Post by Mushroom »

Looks like they warp you to a custom map. Btw, what's the heal trick?? lol
Quit.

Maxx
Noob
Noob

#7 Post by Maxx »

Heal trick is when you're sitting to recover HP, someone heals you and you immediately stand up and continue botting.

As for the special map thing, I thought it worked in reverse. If you're botting, then OK disconnects because it doesn't recognize the map, but if you're using the normal client, you show up in the map. Have I got it all wrong?

Mushroom
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#8 Post by Mushroom »

The trick they use is, GM warp you to a custom map. Then people that don't their client or using openkore get disconnect, probably because their .exe is hexed.
Quit.

Krai
Been there done that!
Been there done that!
Noob?: Yes

#9 Post by Krai »

Mushroom wrote:The trick they use is, GM warp you to a custom map. Then people that don't their client or using openkore get disconnect, probably because their .exe is hexed.
yea, you have to find their secret rooms out... i forgot how i did it the first time... it is possible.
Don't Get Owned! Do Your Research First.
The Manual | Packet Extractor | Use Macros | Server Info Guide | Old Forum
You got banned? Krai me a fuckin river..

Maxx
Noob
Noob

#10 Post by Maxx »

Well, if you've ever been bot checked while running ( I forget what it's called, the regular OK window and the Anthem client) you can /where to find out the name of the room. If you've been botchecked while just running the client only, then you should be able to read the debug.txt file to find out what map you were on when it died.

edit: sorry, it's not debug.txt, it's in the errors.txt file