Why does you post need to be reveiwed by a mod

Discussion about everything RO and OpenKore related. This place is NOT for ANY kind of support questions.

Moderator: Moderators

djfizzle
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Why does you post need to be reveiwed by a mod

#1 Post by djfizzle »

so i have to register to make a thread, and then i have to wait a day for it to come up and possibly not have it come up?

i dont get it

becasue of which it seems there are not as many post and defeats the purpose of the search function

Scarya
Moderators
Moderators
Noob?: No

Re: Why does you post need to be reveiwed by a mod

#2 Post by Scarya »

This is a anti-spam protection. And everybody can see your thread and answer even if it's not approved.
You can take a look in our trashcan. I'm trashing around 20 threads each day so there are new posts but crappy one.

Edit: as I can't answer unapproved posts can anyone else?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the universe is winning.

Richard Cook

Wiki

xtianloie02
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by xtianloie02 »

does the one who posted for a new thread should wait for how many minutes/hours/days before they're thread be approved? is there a notification that your thread has been disapproved?

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

#4 Post by kali »

No notification. We'll just ignore your post if it's something like: (taken from current list of ignored posts)
hey guys! >:)
CAN YOU MAKE ME A BOT for ILLUSION RO tnx
macro pl
etc. (you get the picture)
In any case, there are simply too many stupid posts floating around. Personally, if I can't even get the smallest idea of what your post is about based on the topic you made, I'll just ignore it. I guess the others are doing the same thing as well.

For your post not to be ignored: make better post titles.
Got your topic trashed by a mod?

Trashing topics is one click, and moving a topic to its proper forum is a lot harder. You expend the least effort in deciding where to post, mods expend the least effort by trashing.

Have a nice day.

Scarya
Moderators
Moderators

#5 Post by Scarya »

And use search function instead of asking fucked up questions.
If a topic seams like trash -> trashed
If a topic has been answered 10000 times -> trash

You should know: trashing for us is one click, answering that you're dump takes a lot more time... ^^
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the universe is winning.

Richard Cook

Wiki

xtianloie02
Noob
Noob

#6 Post by xtianloie02 »

why dont you just ban spammers and lock & trash stupid threads? i think this could affect the effectiveness of the forum.. in this case, no approvers online means no life for the forum.. oh well.. i guess im just a noob who just can't understand you guys.. hahaha.. keep up the good work guys! i love openkore! :D

Fido
Noob
Noob

#7 Post by Fido »

Scarya wrote:This is a anti-spam protection. And everybody can see your thread and answer even if it's not approved.
You can take a look in our trashcan. I'm trashing around 20 threads each day so there are new posts but crappy one.

Edit: as I can't answer unapproved posts can anyone else?

only Moderators can answer unapproved posts :)

we can't see them :)

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#8 Post by Bibian »

i love the new approval thing :P

it only applies to those with less than 10 posts i think? im not sure what i set the value to

Zezima
Noob
Noob

#9 Post by Zezima »

It sure is a good ideal, but it affects me too. :P Keep up the awesome work developers!

IkeHike
Noob
Noob

#10 Post by IkeHike »

I sometimes get mad at this style .. waiting for the reply is so long x.x GOD! .. :D