pRO uses mRO & iRO ST?

Wrote new code? Fixed a bug? Want to discuss technical stuff? Feel free to post it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Technology
Super Moderators
Super Moderators
Noob?: No

pRO uses mRO & iRO ST?

#1 Post by Technology »

No, No, No, this so very wrong and makes me sad:
http://openkore.svn.sourceforge.net/vie ... threv=8161

pRO shouldn't use iRO or mRO, the right thing to do would be to create new pRO_servername servertypes instead.
Next thing you know, people will be changing stuff in other servertypes to make their server work and we'll be back where we started...
One ST0 to rule them all? One PE viewer to find them!
One ST_kRO to bring them all and in the darkness bind them...

Mount Doom awaits us, fellowship of OpenKore!

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers
Noob?: Yes

Re: pRO uses mRO & iRO ST?

#2 Post by EternalHarvest »

You see, you're telling them not to do that and what to do instead, but they still proceed to do as they please. Later in that topic it gets much worse with nonsense advices instead of replying with "use trunk" (or they didn't bother to do the following update at all? I remember something like that too, when instructions to "download trunk and change this and that" were in each topic) and finally closing the topic or just ignoring FAQ unreaders. Well, nonsense advices by "moderators" are all over this place, anyway.
Next thing you know, people will be changing stuff in other servertypes to make their server work and we'll be back where we started.
We would be fine since we would just immediately revert such changes. However, I'm waiting for some incompatible iRO updates which would mess other servers' settings.

noobotter
Moderators
Moderators
Noob?: No

#3 Post by noobotter »

I'm sorry for the "lazy" way of troubleshooting that we did. You see some of us who actively support pRO don't have any idea on how to solve those kind of problems which we end up using/adapting settings from other ST which have theirs "updated". I would like to help on that part but I'm afraid I don't have the mind like our devs that usually knows the errors and knows what to do to solve such errors.
A storm is coming.

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

#4 Post by EternalHarvest »

It's not really a big deal if you aren't breaking other servers.

blue_crim
Noob
Noob

#5 Post by blue_crim »

just a thought:

if iRO servertype works flawlessly with pRO, then why not just copy iRO.pm into pRO.pm (both send/receive, of course changing the corresponding package name)?