[iRO] Kore not recognizing Ragnarok (VisualKore)

Wrote new code? Fixed a bug? Want to discuss technical stuff? Feel free to post it here.

Moderator: Moderators

battlemode
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

[iRO] Kore not recognizing Ragnarok (VisualKore)

#1 Post by battlemode »

Yo guys,

I noticed this last night when iRO Sakray just finished patching (I think).
VisualKore does not seem to recognize the iRO Window/Process anymore. It just keeps saying please start the Ragnarok Client.
I'm not an iRO player, so normally this is not of my interest but other servers will probably follow this method, and iRO main servers will be next.

Edit: Obviously this is X-Kore related.

So, is this known yet? Why does it happen?

/bm

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

Re: [iRO] Kore not recognizing Ragnarok (VisualKore)

#2 Post by Bibian »

this hardly seems like the place to post this... but make sure your .exe in your config.txt is right.

i dont know what they did since i do not have iRO installed...

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk
Noob?: No

#3 Post by sli »

Bibian wrote:this hardly seems like the place to post this...
Seriously, I don't understand where the fuck in "Developers Corner" it mentions anything about bug reports. These posts should be trashed, too.
cs : ee : realist

battlemode
Noob
Noob

#4 Post by battlemode »

been posting bugs into this section since about 2005. where else should they go in your opinion, sli?

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#5 Post by sli »

Maybe the section specifically for questions instead of wasting the time of people actually posting REAL solutions to REAL bugs?

battlemode
Noob
Noob

#6 Post by battlemode »

I don't think the question section is supposed to be for bugs. Real bugs should be in the developers section, so developers can fix them. Kinda self explanatory, no?
This is how it has been all the time in the old forums FOR YEARS and I don't think it should change because you, sli, said so.

At the time of posting this I was under the impression of this being a bug in Kore, just like bibian 6 months ago:

Yes, let's make a jump back in time - 6 months:

Click: [BUG] Xkore 1 not injecting properly

Oh look, its a problem of X-Kore not properly injecting into iro client after a patch, and look it was even a moderator (bibian), and yes, what a surprise! It's in the developer section.

So please take a minute of your REAL PRECIOUS time and get of your high throne and stop whining about posts in the wrong section when they clearly are not. You have no point to show that level of arrogance.

Thanks and have a good day!

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#7 Post by sli »

Developers Corner
Wrote new code? Fixed a bug? Want to discuss technical stuff? Feel free to post it here.
Don't see anything but "zomg why XKore isn't working?"

Motivus
Developers
Developers

#8 Post by Motivus »

It could count as technical discussion. As long as the post is about an actual bug I don't see the problem with it being posted here, and with no specific "post bugs here" description we can easily trash/move the posts that don't belong. It's not like legitimate discussion is going to be brushed off the first page by posts like this.

The other two bug posts here are a bit more on the bug side rather than the discussion. What is the plan now that bugs.openkore.com does nothing?

If I have time saturday night/sunday I will look in to it. If anyone else feels like doing so go ahead.
Oh no.

Motivus
Developers
Developers

#9 Post by Motivus »

I can't duplicate this error. SVN detects Sakexe.exe just fine and injects with XKore 1 mode.

XKore part of config:

Code: Select all

# 1 = hook into RO client, 2 = Act as stand-alone proxy, proxy = act as true proxy
XKore 1
XKore_silent 1
XKore_bypassBotDetection 0
XKore_exeName Sakexe.exe
The default exe name is ragexe.exe, is it possible that visual kore has it set as that?
Oh no.

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#10 Post by sli »

Yeah, apparently the newest iRO client works.