r8485 and up: Kore hangs on Character Select on iRO

Wrote new code? Fixed a bug? Want to discuss technical stuff? Feel free to post it here.

Moderator: Moderators

ChrstphrR
Testers Team
Testers Team
Noob?: No

r8485 and up: Kore hangs on Character Select on iRO

#1 Post by ChrstphrR »

After relocating the repository url and updating all the way to r8509, openkore hangs on the Character Selection server.

I was on the latest on the old repository, r8448, so I skipped along, looking for changes to /src/Network/Receive/ServerType0.pm in between, and isolated the start of the problem to r8485.

This involves a commit for twRO's Character Selection packets, but now, seemingly affects ALL servers, because of something altered in ServerType0.pm that ALL servers use.

I can't easily deduce where the change is, because there is so many extraneous whitespace changes in the file in this commit!

The svn username was sofax222 -- please review your commit in 8485, and fix this issue so ALL THE OTHER SERVERS can connect.

I fear that the repository URL relocation is shielding this change from a great many users, so please get this fixed before we have thousands of "Eye cant connect!!! hlp plz!!!!" trash posts that will tie up the mods needlessly.

Furthermore, changes to the base ServerType should always be made with care ... given the large amount of whitespace changes made willy-nilly with not mention of a "cleanup" in the commit comments leads me to believe that the commit wasn't reviewed over as a diff before it was committed.

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

Re: r8485 and up: Kore hangs on Character Select on iRO

#2 Post by kLabMouse »

ChrstphrR wrote:After relocating the repository url and updating all the way to r8509, openkore hangs on the Character Selection server.

I was on the latest on the old repository, r8448, so I skipped along, looking for changes to /src/Network/Receive/ServerType0.pm in between, and isolated the start of the problem to r8485.
heero already reported this one, and may-be Reverted that change. Or at least, made iRO and pRO ST working again.

ChrstphrR
Testers Team
Testers Team

#3 Post by ChrstphrR »

I looked over heero's two commits, which occured in between this range.

r8505 - packet update in pRO recvpackets.txt
r8506 - update to pRO, which may well fix the issue for pRO, but not for iRO.

I guess I'll study the fix and try to see the original set of breakages that twRO caused ALL the servers.

iMikeLance
Moderators
Moderators

#4 Post by iMikeLance »

Fixed

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers
Noob?: Yes

#5 Post by EternalHarvest »

ChrstphrR wrote:This involves a commit for twRO's Character Selection packets, but now, seemingly affects ALL servers, because of something altered in ServerType0.pm that ALL servers use.
Now, in twRO, pRO and iRO (where this was initially implemented) there is a mess of different names for packet names and arguments, handlers and logic. Some of that I've tried to fix but there are some examples of remaining weird stuff:

Different logic in handling received_characters_info (082D)?

09A1 is now sent in both received_characters (r8478) and sync_received_characters?

pRO is now the only serverType with custom received_characters code (r8505)? What's the big reason to do this, is it really so different?

All this leads to bugs like r8497 breaking XKore 2 on all other serverTypes because different names for the same packets were used. Now this is changed and XKore 2 should work for other serverTypes, too.