Misc.pm and DRYness

Forum closed. All further discussion to be discussed at https://github.com/OpenKore/

Moderator: Moderators

Thaize
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Misc.pm and DRYness

#1 Post by Thaize »

Hey guys,
I'm just getting back into this project and have a few questions regarding a few of Misc.pm's functions.

getNPCInfo - The name would suggest that this would validate the NPC against the table but it appears that it just builds the hash. Is there another function to do some quick validation that the npc has been registered? If not would getNPCInfo be a good place to put this, perhaps with a switch argument to turn validation on or off so as not to break the existing stuff?

routeToX - It seems like there's a lot of repetition for this type of functionality in CoreLogic. What are the obvious pitfalls/blockers of implementing something in Misc for routeToNPC, routeToLocation... etc? I'm sure someone more familiar with the project could answer this quickly.

It's possible that both of these questions are being covered by the new ai implementation, if so please let me know. I just don't want to spend too much time writing custom stuff to support my plugins that will be useless in the next stable.

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator
Noob?: No

Re: Misc.pm and DRYness

#2 Post by Cozzie »

new Ai would still take quite sometime before it is completed, so make your plugin first =)
Make Openkore Awesome. Join the team.