andy12345
Moderators
Moderators
Noob?: No

Re: Recruiting Openkore Documentation Writers

#11 Post by andy12345 »

Bibian wrote:
andy12345 wrote:First, I was away for about 8-10 days (work),
Then bibian I can easily say that your pointing at me, aren't you? I will take that as a polite ways of saying "You are a fucking retard that uses the forums and points to others and calling it 'help'...." & guess what I completely agree with you, but atleast I do that & I nominated with helping thought in my mind instead of pride & ego (guess that's what you think.)Now, "trivial things like writing documentation" yeah true I am not around the FAQ's (would it really matter if you give me a chance?) but I help people around in the private section more.
Finally, I don't know how many more people gave this a try (did you get any pm's regarding this isieo?) openly posting & the decision lies with you whether to trust "fucking leechers" like me or someone who has a post count of 1 , Atleast I have some experience.
@offtopic
What was with forums inbetween , it was down.
Uh no i wasn't talking about you specific, im talking about people that only take and don't give... people that never bother to share their code improvements, people that might be able to help but won't for retarded reasons.
O crap! got it wrong then..anyways many people around think that way (If not you.) & what about the forums, why were they down in between?

epsilon
Noob
Noob

#12 Post by epsilon »

Bibian wrote:
Uh no i wasn't talking about you specific, im talking about people that only take and don't give...
that hits the spot, am willing to work for documentation have vast experience in html, though i prefer it in .php format, is that acceptable? and if all agree i can write a program which contains most of the FAQ area but will not include on how to configure each classes, would that be suffice?

edit: the program will be bundled in the openkore directory.

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#13 Post by Bibian »

epsilon wrote: that hits the spot, am willing to work for documentation have vast experience in html, though i prefer it in .php format, is that acceptable? and if all agree i can write a program which contains most of the FAQ area but will not include on how to configure each classes, would that be suffice?

edit: the program will be bundled in the openkore directory.
We are currently using mediawiki as our storage place for documentation, so you'd have to know howto properly work with that... but its not that hard really

epsilon
Noob
Noob

#14 Post by epsilon »

havent tried mediawiki or any types of wiki, in any case where can i find it for me to explore things and get used to its environment ;)

edit: found it in google, do i have to download it in order to start?

edit: the software requires an installed php on my machine, but im using my laptop i have one on my desktop though but im using this very often, so i think i have to wait until i got a much more bigger hard drive and memory.

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#15 Post by Cozzie »

the software isnt the problem, we have it in place, we just need manpower to write and organize information.
Make Openkore Awesome. Join the team.

epsilon
Noob
Noob

#16 Post by epsilon »

where do i start then? i pressume i dont need to download anything...

edit: do any of you remember the old format for the manual? because i found it more organize than the current manual, like in config.txt everything is there according to how the exact config.txt in openkore looks like

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#17 Post by Cozzie »

hrmm actually that is one of the problem that needs improving. The old manual was in html, thus making editing hard which is why it was moved to the wiki but it lacks a robust interface like the old manual or something similar. If possible the options should have the choice to be dynamically sorted, ie alphabetically or in the order of how the manual's order. Is that something you can do?

epsilon
Noob
Noob

#18 Post by epsilon »

in this page http://www.openkore.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Config it look actually sorted alphabetically, but in my point of view this somehow isnt user friendly to me (sorry i just cant stop comparing the old and the new manual)

like earlier when I was looking for any information about useself_item why do i need to click twice (two links) in order to get to the topic at question where in the old manual you just click the config link and everything is displayed there, if you would allow me i could reconstruct it using the same format as the old one uses but only this time its on wiki

edit: how does inline link works in wiki?
edit 2: my wiki name is ramiia

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#19 Post by Cozzie »

Yes there is a usability issue and comparing isnt a bad thing as long as it is for the right reasons.

Feel free to reconstruct it, I have no idea how inline works tho =/ Might wanna ask bibian. btw drop by irc, makes discussion easier.

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#20 Post by Cozzie »

First post updated.