URGENT: Future of Openkore - community opinion encouraged!

Announcements/News

Moderator: Moderators

ikono
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Re: URGENT: Future of Openkore - community opinion encouraged!

#41 Post by ikono »

I myself would love to help out, as I'm an aspiring comp. scientist myself, and while this may not exactly by name worthy on a resume, some real world experience would be a big boon. Unfortunately I know jack shit about perl and other scripting languages, seeing as how java and cpp are the big two in teaching, but from what I've seen the cosmetic differences are nowhere near as bad as CPP and ASM

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#42 Post by kLabMouse »

ikono wrote:I myself would love to help out, as I'm an aspiring comp. scientist myself, and while this may not exactly by name worthy on a resume, some real world experience would be a big boon. Unfortunately I know jack shit about perl and other scripting languages, seeing as how java and cpp are the big two in teaching, but from what I've seen the cosmetic differences are nowhere near as bad as CPP and ASM
There is much difference between Scripting languages, and Procedural/Object Oriented languages that can compile to native code.
But, if you know C++, you can write anything in any language except ASM. There is not so much difference if you know basics.

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#43 Post by Bibian »

how would a new project leader be any good if there are no devs with time to work on stuff?

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#44 Post by kLabMouse »

Bibian wrote:how would a new project leader be any good if there are no devs with time to work on stuff?
Can we wait a while? I think, new dev's will be interested in AI 2008 on time, when it reach public alpha testing stage.

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

#45 Post by kali »

I'm personally interested in klab's ai2008, but only from the non-scaffolding point of view. In other words, I'm helplessly lost in developing libraries and support stuff, but I can manage my way using it.
Got your topic trashed by a mod?

Trashing topics is one click, and moving a topic to its proper forum is a lot harder. You expend the least effort in deciding where to post, mods expend the least effort by trashing.

Have a nice day.

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#46 Post by sli »

Bibian wrote:how would a new project leader be any good if there are no devs with time to work on stuff?
Because as the project stands, it's incredibly unattractive to join. There's no structure or interoperability between what devs we do have.
cs : ee : realist

sangohan
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#47 Post by sangohan »

sli wrote: Because as the project stands, it's incredibly unattractive to join. There's no structure or interoperability between what devs we do have.
true - i think one of the reason is that perl is pretty much a write only language. I have perl experience, but i still cant grok the code base, even with the documentation available on the wiki and the perl docs for devs.

would it be good to propose a complete rewrite of openkore in a more accessible language*?

* java, is the candidate i guess...

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#48 Post by sli »

sangohan wrote:would it be good to propose a complete rewrite of openkore in a more accessible language*?
Keep up with the times.
sangohan wrote:* java, is the candidate i guess...
:lol:

Oh, wait, were you serious? Sorry, should have lol'd harder. :lol: :lol: :lol:

sangohan
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#49 Post by sangohan »

sli wrote:
sangohan wrote:would it be good to propose a complete rewrite of openkore in a more accessible language*?
Keep up with the times.
sangohan wrote:* java, is the candidate i guess...
:lol:

Oh, wait, were you serious? Sorry, should have lol'd harder. :lol: :lol: :lol:
O_O how come ive never heard of that project =( it ought to be publicized better.

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#50 Post by sli »

I don't want noobs polluting it.