URGENT: Future of Openkore - community opinion encouraged!

Announcements/News

Moderator: Moderators

iamanoob
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

Re: URGENT: Future of Openkore - community opinion encouraged!

#61 Post by iamanoob »

add..
his/her way of conversing with people...
college grad XD
his proficiency in openkore's languages... like c++, perl(http://www.ccl4.org/~nick/P/Fast_Enough/)
* Be helpful. Answer peoples' questions on the forum. Write/improve documentation, guides, etc.
* Read the OpenKore todo list to see some things you can do.
* If you have an idea that's not on the todo list, be my guest and add it. :) Or better, just do it!
* If you're a developer, please join our development team. You don't need to subscribe or announce yourself, just posting your contribution on the forum is enough.
DARKest Ninja

ponty
Moderators
Moderators
Noob?: No

#62 Post by ponty »

IMO, I wouldn't say they have to be a college graduate...just someone who's knowledgeable and has knack for leading with some foresight. As for his/her way of conversing with people...is just why I'm requesting them to write a bit about themselves so we could just use that to assess it from that. All the other stuff, we'll use as evidence to judge their worthiness...

Let's set the date for nominations to end on March 29th, 2009 and have the poll going till the end of the month? I wish we had some sort of newsletter to invite everyone in the community to be more aware of this topic.
Follow The template in Asking Questions or Be Trashed

Openkore Documentation Editor/Writer
~Servus Servorum~

freezer123
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#63 Post by freezer123 »

NO nominations yet?

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#64 Post by sli »

So should we post writeups about our views, goals, feelings, etc. on OpenKore?
cs : ee : realist

ponty
Moderators
Moderators

#65 Post by ponty »

Ya, I just made a post on that here: http://forums.openkore.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5607

Sorry, I went AWOL for a bit there.
Follow The template in Asking Questions or Be Trashed

Openkore Documentation Editor/Writer
~Servus Servorum~

glim12807
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#66 Post by glim12807 »

@Topic

To start, you should weed out uncouth, boorish, miseducated people with bloated egos, like ezza and its ilk, who think that by calling noobs "stupid, stubborn, etc.", can make their small penises grow bigger!

Instead of name-calling and berating us noobs, shouldn't you guys be helping for the simple reason that you have more knowledge than us?!! Of what use is openkore to us noobs, who happen to be the great majority who play RO, if you are only happy to help those who have the same knowledge level as you?!!

If you as a community grow more respectful and helpful to those who come to you for help, I'm sure you will grow stronger!

Just my two-bit.

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

#67 Post by kali »

glim12807 wrote:@Topic

To start, you should weed out uncouth, boorish, miseducated people with bloated egos, like ezza and its ilk, who think that by calling noobs "stupid, stubborn, etc.", can make their small penises grow bigger!

Instead of name-calling and berating us noobs, shouldn't you guys be helping for the simple reason that you have more knowledge than us?!! Of what use is openkore to us noobs, who happen to be the great majority who play RO, if you are only happy to help those who have the same knowledge level as you?!!

If you as a community grow more respectful and helpful to those who come to you for help, I'm sure you will grow stronger!

Just my two-bit.
I was wonderin maybe we can weed out the uncouth, boorish, miseducated noobs with bloated egos who think that being "new" to this is an excuse to be lazy and stop reading the manual. Instead of asking those who have more knowledge than them, shouldn't noobs get the clue and actually do more effort on their part? Of what use is the manual to noobs if it's not even gonna be read? If only they would even *try* and understand for a bit, and start crafting better questions and stop treating everyone else as mind readers.

If the noobs grow more respectful and start helping themselves, I'm sure OpenKore will grow even more stronger!

It's the truth. If everyone else gives more effort, the whole project improves. Think of it this way: these people whom you're disrespectful have been supporting OpenKore probably even way before you started using it. What have *you* contributed?

How about a challenge: help a noob asking a question at least once a day, everyday, for each day you use OpenKore. I wonder how many will actually step up this challenge.
Got your topic trashed by a mod?

Trashing topics is one click, and moving a topic to its proper forum is a lot harder. You expend the least effort in deciding where to post, mods expend the least effort by trashing.

Have a nice day.

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#68 Post by sli »

I think a support team would be feasible. Instead of trashing posts, the support team can just answer them all (with the help of the documentation team, if needed). Except, of course, threads that make no sense.
cs : ee : realist