PM NOMIONATIONS: An Open Call for an OK Leader

Announcements/News

Moderator: Moderators

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

Re: PM NOMIONATIONS: An Open Call for an OK Leader

#31 Post by Bibian »

there's a BIG difference between muppets having other look for the anwsers and people that actually ask intelligent questions, read the stickies, use the search field, post SENSIBLE threads, etc...

Not a lot of people belong to the latter, most are just muppets.

ponty
Moderators
Moderators
Noob?: No

#32 Post by ponty »

Alrite, enough about the muppets, we'll deal with them later in the show (in another thread) cause we are getting off-topic right now and that I feel flames about to emerge. We'll deal with this topic later when we get this done, or if you are still keen to talk about muppets, please create another thread. :D
Follow The template in Asking Questions or Be Trashed

Openkore Documentation Editor/Writer
~Servus Servorum~

Darki
Been there done that!
Been there done that!

#33 Post by Darki »

Yeah, but how you can make a filter for muppets in this community? That's the whole idea of my post. I don't consider myself a muppet anymore, and I've done questions n00b enough to be insulted by Ezza, Sli or you. There are "muppets", but there are also people that didn't know where was the manual or they just needed to be put in the correct direction to discoverthey were able to write pligins even sleeping.

You can't deny the need of a "support team" if you want this project to advance. Because the best way to advance is by getting more people, and fresh people with new ideas and that take the place of people that doesn't work in this anymore. The manuals are useful but they don't grant the viewer to be omniscient for the matter, there are many times you need help and advice in something because you honestly don't know what to do and you did read the manuals and searched the forums, and a "stfu n00b" is not a good answer for that in the 100% of the times.

And, sorry but most of the mods here don't have patience enough to do this. I guess because you have been dealing with n00bs too much time for now, all I can say is that maybe the work of a dev+mod is not a good idea, and most of you are that.

Oops, sorry, I started writting this before Ponty's post, didn't see it. :(
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

#34 Post by kali »

Speaking of noobland, it would seem that the trashcan contains most of the muppet posts. If you'd look at it, you'd see posts made bby people with only one or two posts, indicating they only signed up just to ask that question and never really hanged on long enough to get an answer (or even follow up).

Regarding the mod thing, I actually tried something like this a year ago. Anyone who had gripes about how moderation was done was given a sub mod position. It was successful at first; they were really active. Later on they disappeared one by one. Maybe the stress really gets to them.

Oh, and wonder of wonders, those that the people here refer to as boorish and uncouth are actually the people who never gave up on OpenKore. I'm almost certain they've developed some sort of mind reading ability and can spot a time-waster noob from the way they post.

I believe this topic should be spun off to a different thread. I actually have an idea: make a topic asking how the forums should be run and if they have any gripes about the current way mods are handling the issue. After people with an axe to grind have their say, draft them as sub mods. Let's see how many will actually stay on for more than a month.

BTW what I like about ponty is that even if he criticizes us for some things, he actually does something about it. He's not all talk, like some people here :) (not talking about you Darki). Heads up, in the real world (like in your job or in your school), the whiners get the attention - what you do after getting the attention depends on you. If you actually do something about what you're whining about, you have more chances at being trusted and getting more authority. If all you do is whine, you only come across as a bag of hot air.

Oooookay, posted this and *then* saw ponty's post ... well my nomination stands even if ponty refuses :P I just can't seem to get in the admin area to do stuff ponty asks, so sorry about that. Bibian should reply to my MSN already :(
Got your topic trashed by a mod?

Trashing topics is one click, and moving a topic to its proper forum is a lot harder. You expend the least effort in deciding where to post, mods expend the least effort by trashing.

Have a nice day.

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#35 Post by sli »

kali wrote:Oh, and wonder of wonders, those that the people here refer to as boorish and uncouth are actually the people who never gave up on OpenKore. I'm almost certain they've developed some sort of mind reading ability and can spot a time-waster noob from the way they post.
Usually just by the thread title, too.
cs : ee : realist

ponty
Moderators
Moderators

#36 Post by ponty »

So how do you guys want to settle this?

a) Open vote and the current openkore staff finalizes it (,like those idol competition shows).
b) Staff only vote.
c) Other ideas?

d) Ping-Pong Death Match by those nominated.
Follow The template in Asking Questions or Be Trashed

Openkore Documentation Editor/Writer
~Servus Servorum~

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#37 Post by sli »

D.

Ok, B.

h4rry84
Moderators
Moderators
Noob?: Yes

#38 Post by h4rry84 »

it's B

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#39 Post by sli »

Wait. Voting ends on the 20th? Everyone's gonna be too stoned to do anything. 4/20!

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#40 Post by kLabMouse »

B.
But let people see Voting progress.