Unpacked Clients for pRO with ways of finding hex codes

Philippines

Moderators: waferbaron, Moderators

Forum rules
This server is currently not maintained and tables folder (including connection info) is outdated. Read the wiki for instructions on how to update those information. Please contribute your updated info. Contact Cozzie to join the team as a regular server supporter.
hackid011
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Re: Unpacked Clients for pRO with ways of finding hex codes

#221 Post by hackid011 »

hi..

I am a player of pRO valkyrie and I have been using xvi32 since 2011 (I think) to hex my client using sir heero's (and the team's) guide and I have been successful (and thankful, at that) in disabling gameguard because that is my only concern for hexing just to establish a party for leveling.

But this last update on valexe is different :shock: . If I hex the same region (NOTE: it's the code region @CreateMuteXa, not the exact code posted), I can't seem to run ragnarok properly, I can't even have it opened. When I click "Game Start", the window just closes and the game window never opens. Am I doing it wrong :? ?

As of now, I am using the modified f2pexe (from Hall of Abyss patch) as valexe and it runs fine as long as I am not encountering the new monsters and headgears on screen. Whenever I do encounter them, however, the game crashes as it cannot find the sprite. May I ask for help, please? :(

omengzki
Noob
Noob

#222 Post by omengzki »

hackid011...
1. where you able to DL the latest game? i mean the hall of abyss patch? if no, maybe try it.
2. on your ragnarok folder, do you still see the f2pexe file? coz sometimes if your anti virus detects it as a virus it maybe deleted automatically
3. also is your .exe named as f2pexe? i think this shld be the updated name of our .exe after the latest patch. if its still on the old name, maybe you can try to just rename it.

i hope this can help you.. :D

hackid011
Noob
Noob

#223 Post by hackid011 »

i have downloaded it and I think I have updated it properly since I can make it run. but i think the f2pexe should be renamed to valexe after hexing (according to instructions) and that's what worked for me. The only problem there was that it works as an old exe file that when you encounter new items/monsters, it crashes because of sprite error.

I am pretty sure it was because of the hexed client because when I run it using the unmodified client, all is well.

Thanks for the reply..

P.S. the f2pexe is still there since I temporarily disable my AV when running the unpacker.

UPDATE: I have uninstalled my old client and installed RO using the new installer. Now, valexe is no longer there. Using the old file for f2pexe can no longer run it as well. What to do?
UPDATE2: I have solved the problem. Found the codes. Great thing I installed the new client.. Cheers for the team.

xsukx
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

#224 Post by xsukx »

hackid011 could you share the hex codes for the f2p.exe? id like to hex my client. thanks sir! :)

edit: i found it already. cheers. thank anyway!

anzei
Human
Human

#225 Post by anzei »

hackid011 wrote:i have downloaded it and I think I have updated it properly since I can make it run. but i think the f2pexe should be renamed to valexe after hexing (according to instructions) and that's what worked for me. The only problem there was that it works as an old exe file that when you encounter new items/monsters, it crashes because of sprite error.

I am pretty sure it was because of the hexed client because when I run it using the unmodified client, all is well.

Thanks for the reply..

P.S. the f2pexe is still there since I temporarily disable my AV when running the unpacker.

UPDATE: I have uninstalled my old client and installed RO using the new installer. Now, valexe is no longer there. Using the old file for f2pexe can no longer run it as well. What to do?
UPDATE2: I have solved the problem. Found the codes. Great thing I installed the new client.. Cheers for the team.

You shouldn't rename the f2pexe.exe to valexe.exe if you downloaded the latest installer. the proper way for you to hex your client is to get the hex strings and replace the codes. we already gave the latest codes for the HOA patch.
to search for the hex strings, follow belladonna's guide/Heero's Guide.
how to hex.

stripper 2.11
original client (unhexed) (PRESUMABLY F2PEXE.EXE)
xvi32

to search for the hex strings, follow belladonna's guide/Heero's Guide.

to hex your original client
1. unpack your client using stripper 2.11
(do not move your client to other directory)
2. search your RO folder for _servername.exe
3. open _servername.exe via xvi32
4. replace the following hex strings with the new one.

here are the hexed codes

NEW
85 C0 74 07 C6 05 67 FD 98 00 01 33 DB
85 C0 EB 07 C6 05 67 FD 98 00 01 33 DB

85 C0 0F 85 D1 00 00 00 0F BE 15 59 51 8A 00
85 C0 90 90 90 90 90 90 0F BE 15 59 51 8A 00

E8 02 29 DD FF 3B C6
90 90 90 90 90 90 90

again credits to heero

these are updated codes. there are lot of ways to get the codes but i do mine manually.

boyd
Noob
Noob

#226 Post by boyd »

To anyone with a golden heart and in the spirit of xmas... please share a copy of unpacked f2pexe.

TIA

ziphynx
Noob
Noob

#227 Post by ziphynx »

Cannot unpack the new sakexe.exe... anyone experience the same thing?

orange193
Noob
Noob

#228 Post by orange193 »

boyd wrote:To anyone with a golden heart and in the spirit of xmas... please share a copy of unpacked f2pexe.

TIA
Merry christmas here's the link for freshly unpacked f2pexe
Just apply the updated codes and you're ready to go.

anzei
Human
Human

#229 Post by anzei »

this may sound dumb...
but.

it seems like they released a new version of .exe's which cannot be unpacked by stripper? hmmm

can anybody please help? :)

boyd
Noob
Noob

#230 Post by boyd »

orange193 wrote:
boyd wrote:To anyone with a golden heart and in the spirit of xmas... please share a copy of unpacked f2pexe.

TIA
Merry christmas here's the link for freshly unpacked f2pexe
Just apply the updated codes and you're ready to go.

Thanks man!