r8093 - Various updates - Details in thread

Forum closed. All further discussion to be discussed at https://github.com/OpenKore/

Moderator: Moderators

craw1er
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

r8093 - Various updates - Details in thread

#1 Post by craw1er »

Change log :
1. Updated monsters list. monsters.txt was empty in the iRO folder. From what I gather its supposed to auto-generate when its empty but it doesn't seem to be doing that. So I'm using the pRO monsters.txt instead as i'm assuming it would be the same because they've gone through renewal as well

2. Updated the servers list for iRO. Ymir, Yggdrasil and Valkyrie server are Renewal servers while Loki is pre-renewal/classic

3. Updated portals.txt and portalsLOS.txt to reflect correct portal coordinates for um_fild01 --> um_fild02 369 277 instead of 366 277

4. New recvpackets.txt for 8 August 2012 maintenance update extracted using pextract v3 but there is still a problem with "Packet Parser: Unknown switch: 08C8" even after updating recvpackets.txt :(

http://www.mediafire.com/?ymxcy0fx8vhhrny

Metalhim
Noob
Noob

Re: r8093 - Various updates - Details in thread

#2 Post by Metalhim »

Parser Packet, solved with r8101

indr143
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by indr143 »

hi, where should i copy this , exact folder plz, i been having this pblm for over two days...it would be helpfull...

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by kLabMouse »

indr143 wrote:hi, where should i copy this , exact folder plz, i been having this pblm for over two days...it would be helpfull...
Topic's in this Section are not met for Users. And mostly will not Explain on what to copy where.
If you are Smart, you can get it yourself. Other-vice, you will need for Developers to Commit and Close Topic.

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

#5 Post by EternalHarvest »

Generally it's not the best idea to change internal server's name (the one in brackets), since it's used in configurations and doesn't do much else.

To provide updatable server titles, it's better to implement optional server option, like "title" and display it in server selection list.

jackyan
Developers
Developers
Noob?: No

#6 Post by jackyan »

r8104 committed the servers.txt and recvpackets.txt
Will have to reselect server next time starting kore, other than that I didn't run into any problems
From what I gather its supposed to auto-generate when its empty but it doesn't seem to be doing that.
Not sure what you're seeing there but monsters.txt is being generated fine here

Add: After resetting monsters.txt, it seems that kore is indeed having trouble recording new monster names

Add: It seems r8083 is the culprit behind monsters.txt not updating

craw1er
Noob
Noob

#7 Post by craw1er »

Thx jackyan! Will post more updates and patches as I bump into new problems along the way.

craw1er
Noob
Noob

#8 Post by craw1er »

Is there anything I can do to help in fixing the broken auto-generate monster list? Anything apart from coding. Coz I really don't have the time to learn. But I'll do anything else that I can. If you need help doing server side testing, then just reply here with what you need me to do. Thx again for the commit jack.