R8077 Version 2.1: Packet Parser: Unkown switch: 08C8 spamed

This place is for Closed bug reports only. NOT for asking help!

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

hammer1337
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Re: R8077 Version 2.1: Packet Parser: Unkown switch: 08C8 spamed

#41 Post by hammer1337 »

I did the update via tortoise tried everything but still the same Packet Parser: Unkown switch: 08C8

darth
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#42 Post by darth »

I've been looking at the bot users who actually yell to get a solution, fact is, if you want to fix it, try to identify the problem yourself and try to solve it even if it ends up not working haha.

I tried to play around with that .pm file and tried to change some code, found a quick dirty fix. It does help a lot if you try to DIY things, you learn lots, even better, you can fix problems yourself when they occur.

Cudos to the all the devs that applied that fix, Im still learning perl but its just as easy as C# or java when you get used to it hahaha

jackyan
Developers
Developers

#43 Post by jackyan »

Nroo wrote:Hi!, i update all of my folder whit tortoise svn but i still have the same problem "You attack monster unknown #xxxxx" and "player unknow has casted xxxx skill of himself" and the f***ing problem of "packet parser -u are sitting again" endless. help me please D:
hammer1337 wrote:I did the update via tortoise tried everything but still the same Packet Parser: Unkown switch: 08C8
The Unknown #xxxxx stuff is unrelated here
And as for the 8C8 packet, remember to update the table pack too
Black-Briar wrote::P can anyone upload the new folder(Openkore) for this error? my pc could not run the tortoisesvn due to that mine was windowXP SP2, which the 32bit requires at least SP3. and 64bit is totally out of my league... it would be very much appreciated if anyone could kindly help out~ thanks
You'll probably have to wait 'til the SVN snapshot on http://openkore.collectskin.com/ gets updated to a r8100+ version

hammer1337
Noob
Noob

#44 Post by hammer1337 »

I did update table pack and updated everything still no luck

Black-Briar
Noob
Noob

#45 Post by Black-Briar »

I finally did the TortoiseSVN, and it works fine in solving the 08C8 error, somehow... the bot doesn't recognize the monster name anymore it shown there 'unknown monster #58839' . how to solve this? any solution?

Onigami
Human
Human

#46 Post by Onigami »

hammer1337 wrote:I did update table pack and updated everything still no luck
Do not just update the tables, update everything, not just 1 folder. See if that fixes your worries.

craw1er
Noob
Noob

#47 Post by craw1er »

Well, last resort, hammer, delete the whole Openkore folder and start over following the instructions in http://www.openkore.com/index.php/TortoiseSVN_Guide.

You must be doing something wrong, as judging from some of the replies, some of us have got our bots up and running alrdy and I am one of them. No problems here.

Just as a side note, for all the iRO users who are having problems with unknown monsters, you can copy the monsters.txt from the pRO folder to iRO folder. The reason why no monster names are showing up is becoz your iRO monsters.txt is empty at the moment.

This is probably a temporary fix but it is workable, as pRO have gone thru renewal as well, so the monster list should be nearly if not exactly the same.

Cheers.

jasonloh2012
Noob
Noob

#48 Post by jasonloh2012 »

i have done with the TortoiseSVN and installed with activePerl but i still having problem:

Can't locate loadable object for module XSTools in @INC
Error: XSTools.dll is not found. Please check your installation.

Should i reinstall?

edwrd13
Noob
Noob

"Packet Parser: Unknown switch: 08C8"

#49 Post by edwrd13 »

so does anyone else undergoing this kind of error message when using kore??
are there already any links of solving this problem? if there is, any link of it would be greatly appreciated.. :D :D :D :D

hammer1337
Noob
Noob

#50 Post by hammer1337 »

craw1er wrote:
Well, last resort, hammer, delete the whole Openkore folder and start over following the instructions in http://www.openkore.com/index.php/TortoiseSVN_Guide.

You must be doing something wrong, as judging from some of the replies, some of us have got our bots up and running alrdy and I am one of them. No problems here.

Just as a side note, for all the iRO users who are having problems with unknown monsters, you can copy the monsters.txt from the pRO folder to iRO folder. The reason why no monster names are showing up is becoz your iRO monsters.txt is empty at the moment.

This is probably a temporary fix but it is workable, as pRO have gone thru renewal as well, so the monster list should be nearly if not exactly the same.

Cheers.
w00t! Thanks for the help bro I finally got it working