Things suddenly not working?

This place is for Unresolvable bug reports only. NOT for asking help!

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk
Noob?: No

Things suddenly not working?

#1 Post by sli »

partySkills were functioning perfectly up until about last week. No config changes, and I don't think I even updated. No lag, no torrents downloading, no nothing. They simply no longer function. I've had the same weird issue with following as well. If I teleport, my bot won't even try to route to my new position. It just stands still and does nothing. This was all working perfectly early last week, verified by a two bot/one human party when I was farming quest items. Below is the exact partySkills config I've been using for months with no problems. This bug renders priest slave bots useless. Macros and doCommand are not solutions because the bot won't route to you if it's off screen, so you can't PM it chat commands without errors.

Code: Select all

partySkill Heal {
	lvl 10
	target_hp < 80%
}

partySkill Blessing {
	lvl 10
	target_whenStatusInactive Blessing
	notInTown 1
}

partySkill Increase AGI {
	lvl 10
	target_whenStatusInactive Increase AGI
}

partySkill Impositio Manus {
	lvl 3
	target_whenStatusInactive Impositio Manus
	notInTown 1
}
The configuration below is what I use for hunting Hill Winds. It functions pretty much perfectly until I get mobbed. Then it falls into a Seven Wind loop and wastes all my SP. The only way this could happen is if onAction attack triggers when you're attacked, as well as when you attack. This is a HUGE bug that all but renders TKM bots useless.

Code: Select all

useSelf_skill Seven Wind {
	lvl 1
	sp > 50
	onAction attack
	whenStatusInactive Seismic Weapon
	monsters Hill Wind
}

useSelf_skill Seven Wind {
	lvl 4
	sp > 50
	onAction attack
	whenStatusInactive Flame Weapon
	monsters Geographer
}
cs : ee : realist

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

Re: Things suddenly not working?

#2 Post by Bibian »

i dont remember seeing any commits that break anything? have their been any?

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#3 Post by sli »

That's the weird thing. The last commit was just the GCC4 fix, and there haven't been any since then. They just stopped working completely. For the record, follow routing started working again tonight on a different bot. But that still doesn't make any sense because my priest's config wasn't changed at all.

It seems to be one of those weird special case bugs that, in all honestly, should be flagged highly critical.

EDIT: Party skills are working fine, now, too. That was the weirdest thing ever.

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#4 Post by Cozzie »

COme to think of it, oh yes I remember I used to encounter those quite often. Pissed the hell out of me too cause there is just no apparent reason and tracking those bugs is darned frustrating.
Make Openkore Awesome. Join the team.

Technology
Super Moderators
Super Moderators

#5 Post by Technology »

I can confirm that the bot sometimes suddenly stops using partySkills.

However a while ago i have customized the partySkill corelogic AI function to allow the bot to properly use skills like: gospel , bard songs, bs buffs. (any party/groundspell buff in general)
An example of how the bard acts with modified partySkill corelogic AI:
1) guildmember comes in x tiles of range of bard
2) bard uses improve concentration
3) bard uses Magic Strings or Encore (depending on history of song usage)
4) when improve concentration runs out during the song, the bot will use Amp (to stop the song)
5) then the bot will use improve concentration and start the song again
note:
- no timeouts have been used (except for an anti lag/skillspam protective self timeout, wich the current partySkill AI currently lacks)
- no macro's at all have been used

I remember fixing some bugs, but i can't remember wether the bug that was described by sli has been fixed aswell.
Recently the server i used to test this stuff on has implemented some anti-wpe/bot and i didn't had the time to check it out and test yet.

Its a fact that the the current partySkill AI is fucked up.
Its also a fact that its harder (if not impossible) to build something decent on bad foundations.
Therefor, now i don't want to spend time on the old AI corelogic but rather focus on the new AI.

also sli, section rules :o
One ST0 to rule them all? One PE viewer to find them!
One ST_kRO to bring them all and in the darkness bind them...

Mount Doom awaits us, fellowship of OpenKore!

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#6 Post by Bibian »

i can see that isieo gave you your forum title... "Cybernatic Entity" lol thats supposed to be "Cybernetic Entity"

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#7 Post by sli »

Don't start trying to sling around your new global mod status. This is a discussion thread, not a bug report. Bitch, you know we're above the rules. :lol: Anyway...

The current AI isn't a horrible setup, it was just horribly implemented. I'm using the same basic deal for Erok, but I'm generalizing it such that these special case bugs should never come up, ever, forever and ever. This includes bugs like the ones that appear with Swordsman tree skills in skillsAddAuto. The end result will be a simpler AI than OpenKore's new one, but just as reliable and extendable, with subtasks added, and probably just as fast since tasks will be handled in a similar fashion vise a vie the environment queue (or Environment Monitor, in Erok-speak). Essentially, I'm going to "fix" the old AI so it doesn't suck anymore.

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#8 Post by sli »

Bump. Turns out partySkills and follow routing only works when I'm not using my TKM.

Technology
Super Moderators
Super Moderators

#9 Post by Technology »

can't reproduce
so can't fix
One ST0 to rule them all? One PE viewer to find them!
One ST_kRO to bring them all and in the darkness bind them...

Mount Doom awaits us, fellowship of OpenKore!