Openkore Arrends

All resolved question will be found here. It is recommended that you browse / search through this section first and see if your question has been answered before

Moderators: Moderators, Documentation Writers

FrostyIce
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Openkore Arrends

#1 Post by FrostyIce »

Helo I'm not really that familiar with this kind of program but i tried to read the FAQ first before asking questions
but i can't really answer my question on how to make my bot have an even share party with another bot. i want to make
acolyte and a swordie but i really worried that the acolyte would be left behind by the sordie while casting buffs like that

follow 0 (should i make this to 1?)
followTarget (put the name of the target?)
followEmotion 1
followEmotion_distance 4
followFaceDirection 0
followDistanceMax 6
followDistanceMin 3
followLostStep 12
followSitAuto 0
followBot 0 (should i make this to 1?to )

and about party
dealAuto 1
dealAuto_names
partyAuto 1
partyAutoShare 0 (should i make this to 1?)
guildAutoDeny 1

I don't know if i did comply to your standard on how to ask properly but i wish i did it properly
thank you again more power to the moderator

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

Re: Openkore Arrends

#2 Post by EternalHarvest »

FrostyIce wrote:(should i make this to 1?)
(put the name of the target?)
Look up all options you're not sure of in our wiki.

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator
Noob?: No

#3 Post by Cozzie »

What part of " This place is NOT for ANY kind of support questions". Moved to support forum, please do not do it again. Edit your post to use code tags for config block and your title to make it more meaningful.

Yes, the documentation regarding partying is spread out and very confusing but most follow party member configuration is under the follow block in the config. You should get a good idea what they do but I will clarify a few concepts that is not clear in the documentation.

On master (leader):

Code: Select all

follow 0
followTarget
followEmotion 0
followEmotion_distance 4
followFaceDirection 0
followDistanceMax 6
followDistanceMin 3
followLostStep 12
followSitAuto 0
followBot 0
basically no change.

On slave (follower):

follow 1
followTarget masterName
followEmotion 0
followEmotion_distance 4
followFaceDirection 0
followDistanceMax 0
followDistanceMin 0
followLostStep 6
followSitAuto 0
followBot 1
Do not use followEmoticon, it makes your bot pretty obvious they are bots.

FollowBot's strict function is that when followTarget (master) is out of screen range, a move command will be PM'ed to him, telling him to go to where you are. However it reacts differently when encountering varying external factors which are explained below.

If followBot is off.

When master is missing, slave will move towards where the followTarget was last seen. By default, Kore will move this number of blocks every second, for about 10 seconds (specificed under ai_follow_lost_end in timeouts.txt).
  • If master is still not found and is in the same party, kore will acquire coordinates from the server and walk towards master's location. Location will be constantly updated when master moves.
  • If master is not found and is not in the same party, kore will cease trying to find master and idle.
To optimize: When followBot is off, change ai_follow_lost_end to 1 so kore skips this task quickly and acquire coordinates from the server quickly instead of guessing.

If followBot is on.

When master is missing, slave will move towards where the followTarget was last seen. By default, Kore will move this number of blocks every second, for about 10 seconds as specificed under ai_follow_lost_end in timeouts.txt.
  • If master is still not found and is in the same party and is in the same map, kore will acquire coordinates from the server and walk towards master's location. Location will be constantly updated when master moves. At the same time, slave will utilize chat commands and pm the master to move to slave's (initial) location.
  • If master is still not found and is in the same party and is in a different map, kore will acquire coordinates from the server and walk towards master's location without triggering chat commands to pm master to move back to the slave's location.
  • If master is not found and is not in the same party and in the same map, kore will cease trying to find master, idle and pm master to move to slave's location.
  • If master is not found and is not in the same party and not in the same map, kore will cease trying to find master and idle.
FollowBot is a very primitive function which uses "move" chat command to override master's AI. This means the location of the slave (which will move towards the master) is not updated and the master will continue to walk back to the initial coordinates provided. The master has no way to recognize and terminate the initial manual move task even when it has regrouped with the slave.

Openkore needs alternative logic steps to regroup bots in the same party without using chat commands.

Beacuse followBot only works when the master is in the same map, party will not regroup until both are in the same map, risk of death is increased.

I usually make kore skip followLostStep in all circumstances. This makes the party safer as it prevents the slave from guessing the wrong path (easy in complicated maps) and causing party wipes but also reduces efficiency as whenever the slave lost the master, it will order the master to move back, exacerbated by the master moving back to the slave's initial location where often there are no monsters because it was just cleared.
Make Openkore Awesome. Join the team.

FrostyIce
Noob
Noob

#4 Post by FrostyIce »

oh sorry about that 1st time user of this now i know hehe how about how to make the party even share thanks again
gonna try later what you teach about the follow thingy

dealAuto 1
dealAuto_names
partyAuto 1
partyAutoShare 0 (should i make this to 1?)
guildAutoDeny 1

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#5 Post by Cozzie »

Post edited for mistakes and clarity.

Edit your post!

partyAutoShare 1 to share exp.

FrostyIce
Noob
Noob

#6 Post by FrostyIce »

thnx again im really having problems with i can't understand what will i change so my bot will auto storage thank you
again for your consideration on my post even though i have mistakes you always help me thank you more power to you guys

storageAuto 0
storageAuto_npc 
storageAuto_distance 5
storageAuto_npc_type 1 (what's this?)
storageAuto_npc_steps (and this)
storageAuto_password
storageAuto_keepOpen 0
storageAuto_useChatCommand
relogAfterStorage 1

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#7 Post by Cozzie »

Thread locked, warn +2 until you edit your title. PM me if you are unable to do so.

Read the manual.