Problem with attacking Custom Monsters

Private server support - Only post connectivity issues in the subforum!

Moderator: Moderators

Dairo
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Problem with attacking Custom Monsters

#1 Post by Dairo »

Hello Openkore :)

I tried openkore today and could successfully log in on my private server which i play. Now i want to kill 3 sorts of different custom monsters on a standart map (izlu2dun) but everytime when i start botting there i get the message:

" Unknown #110278397 (0): "$!@#" "

I allready read that the problem cause from the custom monster, but how can i solve this? I'm new in openkore and don't have a clue :) It would be nice if someone could explain it a lil bit.

Don Delavitto
Human
Human
Noob?: Yes

Re: Problem with attacking Custom Monsters

#2 Post by Don Delavitto »

at moncontrol.txt in control table, try to add this number with configuration 1 0 0 to attack. Otherwise in tables at your server table try to add this unknown monster and rename it, then add to moncontrol with this configuration.

Dark Airnel
Been there done that!
Been there done that!

#3 Post by Dark Airnel »

It's the monster using emoticons. Try using the console command "ml" to get the monster's name and then properly setup the attack flag in mon_control.txt

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#4 Post by Cozzie »

I think openkore automatically updates monsters.txt in the tables folder with the name but since this is a private server things might work differently. I think dark Airnel plays in the same server since he knows what you are taking about so everything probably works as intended.
Make Openkore Awesome. Join the team.

Dark Airnel
Been there done that!
Been there done that!

#5 Post by Dark Airnel »

Openkore updates monsters.txt whenever a monster has been encountered or "seen" at least once. However, the problem is most private servers have events that make use of NPC disguised as monsters so your mon_control.txt might get screwed up.

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#6 Post by Cozzie »

Dark Airnel wrote:Openkore updates monsters.txt whenever a monster has been encountered or "seen" at least once. However, the problem is most private servers have events that make use of NPC disguised as monsters so your mon_control.txt might get screwed up.
Good that my memories are correct. Just got back to playing after a long while.

But you recommended him to get the name from the ml list and update his mon_control accordingly. Does it work that way even if the private server disguise monsters as NPC and are you playing on the same server as he is?
Make Openkore Awesome. Join the team.

Dark Airnel
Been there done that!
Been there done that!

#7 Post by Dark Airnel »

Because he said it is a custom monster. If it is a regular monster or those that exist on almost all eAthena servers then he can simply extract the data from mon_db.txt; something that he may not be able to get from the GMs of the server he is playing with. BTW, I do not know his server.