Moderator: Moderators

Brainpower
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

openkore.com.br situation

#1 Post by Brainpower »

Hello openkore community,

I am here to discuss the whole situation regarding openkore.com.br. So Ghost, the owner of openkore.com.br decided botting is bad for the official brazilian server (bRO).
bRO is changing the client weekly to avoid botting and until now the fixes always were provided in the openkore SVN, even if it was delayed sometimes. However after
deciding botting is bad for the servers economy he stoped uploading fixes, which is fine. If he doesn't want to share, this is all up to him, I am not complaining. But let's get
to the part that is probably not just making me upset. Since botting is so bad, Ghost decided not everyone should be able to bot and now announced that he wants to charge
for the weekly client change fix. You have to pay monthly for the amount of bots you are using. He charges R$5,0 for a "key" and R$2,5 for each bot you want to run. He then used
some math to show how much you can earn a month using the bot:

2 kks por dia. || = 2million zeny a day
10 bots x 2 = 20 kks || = using 10 bots would be 20million a day
20 kks x 20 (dias do bot rodando) = 400kks || = 20million x 20 days of running the bot = 400 million zeny
400 kk's pelo valor mais baixo hoje praticado = R$160,00 || = 400million zeny sold for real money = R$160

So he really thinks everyone who is botting on an official server is selling their botted zeny for money? Is he serious and thinks everyone is running 20 bots? There's people out there
who use bots just to vend items. Here's a small screenshot of what he charges:

(Lol yes they lowered the price for the key, they wanted to charge R$50 for EACH key.)

Here's the translation for that.

3 - Alright, how to pay? Value...
After listening to many users we have decided to change the value.

.Price per key to access = R$ 5,00
.Price paid for each bot = R$ 2,50

Lets supose you have about 4 bots (1 rogue, 1 merchant, 1 support, 1 main), the total would be around R$10,00(4bots) +R$5,00 from the key, making a total of R$15,00 monthly.

Either way the price of R$50,00 for 20 bots remains, if you get this amount then you will get the key for free.

Also this is not everything, he cannot guarantee the bot will be fixed on the very same day the client gets changed. He couldn't fix it for a half week already and now says
he is going to sell it? That's comic. The weekly small change before weren't a problem, usually taking a while to fix already, but this big changes apperently are, for now
5 days counting. How long did the last big change in january take? Over 3 weeks. You're going to pay to use an GNU licensed program for probably less than half a month?

Openkore is licensed under GNU and is an opensource project, which means you're NOT allowed to charge for it.
Well, for all of you who don't know what GNU is, here's the link which is even located in the openkore SVN -> http://openkore.svn.sourceforge.net/vie ... iew=markup

What I don't understand is why you joined an open source project as developer if you're not going to contribute any longer. Probably just to get some fame in the scene and make money
of it then. Honestly if you're not interested in contributing anymore just resign and leave in peace but don't try to make money of a GNU licensed program.

For all of you who are interested in reading everything about this feel free to do so. http://openkore.com.br/index.php?/topic ... msearch__1
Use a translator if you don't understand it.

Yours sincerely,
Brainpower

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

Re: openkore.com.br situation

#2 Post by kLabMouse »

From one Hand. I could agree with "GHost". It's a small payment for being Ignorant.

From the other hand. This all is against GNU License, that OpenKore uses.

That's why. Personally, I have mixed feelings.

That's Why. I will post my two cents here:
http://pastebin.com/avvZawUw
http://pastebin.com/GNxrfv48

as for the Keys. They could be found in similar way as they where before (Just use DUMBED binary with some tool).

iMikeLance
Moderators
Moderators

#3 Post by iMikeLance »

We are NOT selling OpenKore, we are giving access to our forum's private area for those who collaborate with us. There you can get access to our new software, Trident, that can get your bot to work with bRO.

We can't just develop our system, deal with our costs like new hardware and give it to all those leechers we have registered in our forum. If you contribute to OpenKore project in any way and you're not a leecher, we'll manage to get your access to our system, as it's not just about money.

We just wanna get rid of leechers, or just give this warning to our brazillian community: if you don't contribute back to this project you'll end up with no devs working for you. We don't think that this situation will last for too long, probably some new guy will just show up and provide a way to fix this for everyone, but this is not happening now. We had fr3dbr, you all demanded him to develop bRO fixes every week like he was obliged to do it, so we lost him. It's been a while since I stopped accessing openkorebr, it's a big coincidence that i got back now that this mess showed up. But I don't feel like fixing this every week for leechers anymore.

It's either this situation like forcing everyone to contribute or I'm just leaving everything as it is now: a lot of people wanting this that will just get kore working and forget that we are a community.

Barioth
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#4 Post by Barioth »

I do think that charging for being able to connect goes against all of that "opensource, free, etc" stuff. However, bRO's situation is far from ideal and levelupgames endeavors to block openkore proves it, doing it on a weekly basis and trying different methods once in a while (10 connections per IP limit, the packets stuff, getting rid of the premium server trial).

Besides, the server is unplayable with all of those spammers, botfarms of 100+ characters (with some ksers), battleground bots and so on and Ghost thinks he can change it a little if they limit openkore's usage while also getting rid of people who never do anything for the community. Maybe they can make it better, maybe they can't, but i can't see why all the drama regarding their decision. They are the ones who are trying to fix it, they're our developers and i think they have the right to do something to change our community situation even if it goes against all of that opensource stuff.

5e13ct
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#5 Post by 5e13ct »

Hello,

Always the "openkore.com.br" just work in bringing things to their interest, not counting the body of the forum who sell services, always very arrogant in helping new users and now want to charge for something that follows the GNU license?

In my PM ​​sent to kLabMouse, argued about the situations of BRO, and I see that escapes the reality of this community.

I am a long time without using Openkore, for personal reasons, but I see that it helps a lot, both in their fun, and for companies that do not abuse charges on their servers.

I'll be relearning the mechanics of Openkore, I hope to help the community BRO, lest they be a step backwards in relation to the whole community Openkore, currently the OpenKore is already running, I see that only for VIP users "Openkore.com.br , "which use a range of tools that governs the GNU license for setting up your system Trident.

I also hope that Ghost and his team revert back in collections such as this only further undermines our concepts, we also have employees fr3dbr and Upancho, provided always that great for the community BRO.

-----Portuguese ---------
Olá,

Sempre o "openkore.com.br" trabalhou apenas em trazer coisas ao seu interesse, sem contar ao corpo de administradores do fórum que vendem serviços, sempre muito arrogantes em ajudar novos usuários e agora querem cobrar por algo que segue a licença GNU?

Em meu PM enviado ao kLabMouse, argumentei sobre as situações do BRO, e vejo que foge da realidade dessa comunidade.

Estou há muito tempo sem utilizar o Openkore, por razões pessoais, mas vejo que ele ajuda muitos, tanto em sua diversão, quanto para que empresas não abusem de cobranças em seus servidores.

Estarei reaprendendo a mecânica do Openkore, espero ajudar a comunidade BRO, para que não fiquem um passo atrás em relação a toda a comunidade Openkore, atualmente o OpenKore já está em funcionamento, vejo que apenas para os usuários VIP do "Openkore.com.br", os quais utilizam a gama de ferramentas que rege a licença GNU para criação de seu sistema "Trident".

Espero também que o Ghost e sua equipe voltem atrás em tais cobranças, pois isso apenas enfraquece ainda mais nossos conceitos, também temos os colaboradores fr3dbr e Upancho, que sempre prestaram grande favor a comunidade BRO.

--------------------------

KoreGhost
Developers
Developers

#6 Post by KoreGhost »

Outside everything imikelance reported that the Brazilian community in the vast majority is sucking, still have the fact of being in a situation bRO regarding the amount of bots.

That is, the guy does nothing for the OpenKore project, connects hundreds of bots (farms), other vendors zeny bots dozens of advertisers, infests the whole server of bots and on mode "fuck you" to the community (botter and player).

For my part if warned by d openkore.com administration for trying to alert the community that we are truly a community and we have to think beyond the OpenKore server (bRO) itself, I close the Brazilian forum and will no longer run ago to help that half a dozen whiners.

A while ago Roger (formerly the openkore.com.br adm) did something similar, only with a smaller work, since the fix of the season lasted years, not this time, we will have a weekly update our system

brainpower

The Brazilian Forum will remain open as it ever was, except if you have been banned.

We are not violating the license, we are still all together with providing remote access to a server, you probably do not fit the group or the group leecher farmers.

Honestly: Ghost

ZangetsuGM
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#7 Post by ZangetsuGM »

Funny and even ironic that Ghost and Imike come here and say that! I'm on day 29 following the issue of the bot's in Bro and from the start you guys are trying to sell access to BOT Yes access to the bot and not the area's private forum for you guys as Imike said proof is the limitation of bots connected to you guys are trying to impose and being selling such a KEY!

2 mercenaries are trying to profit from the situation! They are inventing history that is because of the overcrowding of bots on servers Brazilians and that is bad for the economy and other Stories BRO! But let's see you guys are two employees of LUG? Not because those who should be concerned with the number of bots on servers is the developer Company and the Company's distributor game not 2 guys besides inflicting rules BRO botting now want to monopolize the bots and determine the amount? It is very expensive DICK!

Send a letter for the job LUG asking you earn more!

ever_boy_
Developers
Developers

#8 Post by ever_boy_ »

I've seen this before...
They complained about fr3d, he went away, and no one else could fix our bRO.pm
They're complaining about openkore.com.br's fees, and soon we'll be again with no one else to fix our bRO.pm

Somehow I think this is not about money, or "righteousness", or anything like that. This is about revenge. Mr. Brainpower is, obviously, someone well known from ou br community, who's using a nickname to try and hide his true nickname(lol), trying to shame ghost and mike. How do I happen to know that? Read the topic and you'll see the vast majority of users are agreeing, and actually happy with the "fix for a fee".

I'm not here to take part on any side, I'm just not willing to be left with a broken openkore once again. They're not blocking brazilian access to openkore, they're just not sharing for free their efforts. Now that makes a huge difference to me.

If you're willing to pay, then you have nothing to complain about. If you're not willing to pay, you're free to fix it on your own and play for free then.

On top of that, bRO's server are trully, undoubtedly, incredibly overflowed with bots, and it's only growing worse. Everyday. A small fee would be a way to reduce the abusive amount of bots, for sure.

Again, if you don't wanna pay, you're free to go and fix your own openkore, and play for free. You're not being prevented from using openkore, if you're able to fix it.

iMikeLance
Moderators
Moderators

#9 Post by iMikeLance »

If there's too much users against this we can just leave it up to you that are complaining to fix this. But I won't move a finger before seeing you guys taking any action to solve this situation.

But if I can give my opinion, this is just useless. Yes, you are free to complain about us, but it won't solve anything. It's even worse: you're against the only option that you have for bRO now, an option that you can choose take or not, and there's a lot of people that support this. And there's one more thing: since a topic that Sugoi or Upantcho (I don't remember who) started a while ago here, brazilians are the only ones that come here to complain about their community.

In the end, there's little about solving problems and a lot about accusing each other and an unnecessary flame war. We're proposing a way to solve bRO problems, what you're doing about it?

5e13ct
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#10 Post by 5e13ct »

Hi,

The community kore BRO, always done a great job, do not understand why they want to charge something on a system that governs the GNU license.

Be the tool they created to streamline the process of connecting to servers BRO, yet they can not charge for something they did not create, but rather just get something that already exists and created by others, such as tools that make the possibility of using the kore.

I'll be working again to relearn the technology base of kore and all its mechanics, and thus provide something that is governed by the GNU foundation, as is the intention of this community.

It's knowing all about the various differences that occur in the community BRO, even among the forum, unfortunately it is a fact, on the same charge others to use lots of connections, but many of them also use kore for advertising in BRO servers, among outroas things.

Att,

-----Portuguese ---

Olá,

A comunidade kore BRO, sempre prestou um ótimo trabalho, não entendo por que eles desejam cobrar algo sobre um sistema que rege a licença GNU.

Seja a ferramente que eles criaram para agilizar o processo de conexão aos servidores BRO, mesmo assim eles não podem cobrar por algo que eles não criaram, e sim, apenas obter algo que já existe e criado por outros, como é o caso das ferramentas que tornam a possíbilidade do uso do kore.

Estarei novamente trabalhando para reaprender a tecnologia por base do kore e toda sua mecânica, e assim, disponibilizar algo que rege por base a licença GNU, como é o intuito dessa comunidade.

É do saber de todos sobre as várias divergências que ocorrem na comunidade BRO, mesmo entre os administradores do fórum, infelizmente isso é um fato, os mesmos cobram sobre outros usarem grande quantidade de conexões, mas, muitos deles também utilizam o kore para propaganda nos servidores BRO,etc.
-------------------------------------