International

Moderator: Moderators

Saitama
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Bots Keep Unintentionally Walking into Warps

#1 Post by Saitama »

Hi there. I have a bit of a problem, which I did search the forums for, but could not find a solution.

I've been botting on the maps surrounding the new "Dimensional Gorge" Satan Morroc Field (moc_fild20). Well, my bots keep occasionally walking into the warps that lead to that map on accident. This normally wouldn't be an issue, as with most maps you can simply walk back through the warp. However, there are no warps on moc_fild20. To get back you have to talk to an NPC.

The first idea I had was to set up a macro. And for the most part, it worked. A problem arose, however: Satan Morroc himself. Far more than once have they encountered him while talking to the NPC, resulting in a loss of 3% EXP. Quite a lot for a level 95. I'm mainly botting for drops, but I would like to have them level! Sure, I could have them log out on encounter for a good five or ten minutes, waiting for him to leave, but that's yet more botting time lost.

To sum it up, I want to know how to make my bots avoid walking into random portals while hunting, or more specifically, stop calculating random routes that lead right into them.

Thanks.

Scarya
Moderators
Moderators
Noob?: No

Re: Bots Keep Unintentionally Walking into Warps

#2 Post by Scarya »

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the universe is winning.

Richard Cook

Wiki