International

Moderator: Moderators

Jemmma
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Following Priest seems to lag behind

#1 Post by Jemmma »

I have been botting for a while now and have much success but there is one thing that i can't seem to find an answer for..... Basicly I have a priest slave following a main killer but the priest seems to lag behind at some points and get lost from its master. I have tried fiddling with the timeout to make it react faster with not really much success.

Curious to know if there is a feature for the master to maybe stop and wait when the follower lags behind i have followBot set as 1 on both to see if this helps but doesn't still seem to get split up.

Also is there a way for my bots to avoid portals, which would stop them from coming close and walking in to them, they seem to do this a bit to.

Thanks in Advance
Jem

wang1337
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Re: Following Priest seems to lag behind

#2 Post by wang1337 »

The best tip for the bot keeping up is to lower the route_step on the master. Lowering it to 7-10 seems to work well. I'd avoid using followBot 1 if at all possible, it pretty much confirms you are a bot if a GM ever checks the logs. Some maps with 1 cell walkways and 1 cell walls with sharp turns seem to confuse the following bot pretty often. My priest eventually catches up a few seconds later.

There are a bunch of plugins designed for the master to find the slave and things like that but I don't use them for the same reason as I don't like using followBot 1, they just communicate via coords in pm.

You can avoid being close to portals with attackMinPortalDistance. Default is 4 but I have mine set to 6.

PinkPanda
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by PinkPanda »

someone mentioned before in another post to set priest as main and the killer as slave
or
you can set the priest to not agi up the killer and agi up on the priest itself

Master7Zero
Noob
Noob

#4 Post by Master7Zero »

my bot does this aswell, casting magnificat or something and my other walks away..would be nice to figure something out so i dont die.

Noob
Noob

#6 Post by 101100 »

I have the same problem but what I did was

Code: Select all

follow 1
followTarget MASTERBOT <- name of your master bot
followEmotion 1
followEmotion_distance 4
followFaceDirection 1
followDistanceMax 3 <- decrease from default
followDistanceMin 2 <- decrease from default
followLostStep 12
followSitAuto 0
followBot 1
I decrease the distance so they will always stick together. (Recommended for non-AOE skilled monsters)

TIP: Remove the Magnificat on your PRIEST if your MASTER doesn't use any SP.

*Magnificat takes 3-4 seconds to cast, while casting Magnificat your PRIEST will stop while your MASTER moves 15blocks(default) from route_step + Increase AGI.

Hope it helps

wang1337
Noob
Noob

#7 Post by wang1337 »

I moved to an area which is a little tougher with AOE mobs (have to stay far away) so I had to adjust my config a little bit to keep my priest from falling behind too often. Here are my skill blocks for all my skills with a cast time:

Code: Select all

partySkill Canto {
	lvl 3
	sp > 10%
	hp > 60%
	target_hp > 60%
	target_whenStatusInactive Increase AGI
	target_timeout 240
	partyAggressives <= 3
	notInTown 1
	notWhileSitting 1
#	onAction Attack
	maxCastTime 3
	disabled 0
}

partySkill Clementia {
	lvl 3
	sp > 10%
	hp > 60%
	target_hp > 60%
	target_whenStatusInactive Blessing
	target_timeout 240
	partyAggressives <= 3
	notInTown 1
	notWhileSitting 1
#	onAction Attack
	maxCastTime 3
	disabled 0
}

partySkill Magnificat {
	lvl 5
	sp > 40
	target_hp > 80%
	target_whenStatusInactive Magnificat
	target_timeout 90
	stopWhenHit 1
	partyAggressives <= 3
#	onAction Attack
	isSelfSkill 1
	notInTown 1
	inLockOnly 1
	notWhileSitting 1
	maxCastTime 4	
}
You can uncomment the onAction Attack so he only casts the skill while the damage dealer is engaged with a mob (ie. standing still). They have lower priority then the other instant buffs and heals, but it was important for me to always have these buffs on my damage dealer so this makes sure he is constantly buffed and doesn't waste time rebuffing when it isn't needed.

Jemmma
Noob
Noob

#8 Post by Jemmma »

Doing abit of testing with the route_step of the master aswell, i have it down at 6 and got the master not being agi'd up and they don't loose each other. don't seem to get around the map as fast but atleast no deaths now !

silentblue1987
Human
Human

#9 Post by silentblue1987 »

route_step was a major improvement for mine, setting it to something much lower than default like 5. (uses more cpu but much less routing issues)

Adjusting the follow spacing helps a lot too.
followDistanceMax 4
followDistanceMin 1

Turning off the graphical map and relying on text only helps a lot with lag.

Setting the follow lost much lower makes the bot use the minimap much earlier to find master.
followLostStep 1

Use Agi up on priest only. (never lost my shield sader using defending aura)

FS priests (99VIT 99INT) shouldn't have a problem staying alive even in aoe situations. Find some armor immune to the elements if possible.

Just some general tips =P