Moderator: Moderators

Bobthebuilder
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Positioning of both Mercenary + Homunculus

#1 Post by Bobthebuilder »

Hello,

right now I both have a Mercenary (bow) and a Homunculus with me. However there's always just one of them able to attack the monster im fighting. It's either the Mercenary attacking and the Homunculus gets "[console] Your Homunculus (1) tried too long to move", or the Homun is attacking and the Mercenary gets the "tried too long to move" message.

I played with these options:

mercenary_attackDistance
mercenary_attackMaxDistance
mercenary_attackCanSnipe
mercenary_followDistanceMax
mercenary_followDistanceMin

However those options aren't the culprit here I think, but the positioning of Slaves. If I engange a monster in a fight, it looks like both slaves (merc + homun) try to stand in the same cell, thus one gets the "... tried too long to move" message. There are circumstances both of them are actually attacking, but that's rarely the case (I think it's when theres more then one monster attacking me, so one Slave goes for one monster, and the other Slave for another monster, so it's a different positioning of the slaves).

Can anyone confirm this behavior and/or can the standpoint (or distance) to the owner be changed? It's not needed for a (ranged) Mercenary to stand 1 cell away of the target Monster, and it would also help with splash attacks from monsters (my bow merc often gets killed by a Monsters splash attack - because the bow merc always stands next to my Geneticist).