Patch to stop Kore-RO's bitching.

Discussion about everything RO and OpenKore related. This place is NOT for ANY kind of support questions.

Moderator: Moderators

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk
Noob?: No

Patch to stop Kore-RO's bitching.

#1 Post by sli »

I hate Kore-RO's patcher music, and I hate the patcher bitching when I remove the BGM setting, so I fixed it. Offset 00012EA1 will contain FF 15 7C DB 49 00. Just NOP it out (90 90 90 90 90 90). DO NOT search for that byte sequence, you'll find a million. You MUST go to that offset instead.

If you're a noob, I made a patcher. Yes, a patcher patcher. :roll:

Patcher.
Attachments
kore-ro-anti-bitch.zip
Kore-RO Anti Bitch patch.
(14.62 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
cs : ee : realist

Kafka
Human
Human

Re: Patch to stop Kore-RO's bitching.

#2 Post by Kafka »

Wicked, I think I'm gonna test run my bots on kore-ro for a bit but that patch-rap was fucking obnoxious.

who made it anyway?
You're not going to try and tell me you think you can diddle your way out of a criminal charge with an adding machine!

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#3 Post by sli »

The song or the patch?

Silence
Human
Human

#4 Post by Silence »

i found it quite funny actually the first few times

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#5 Post by sli »

The song you're probably talking about is Ragnarap by The Happy Planets. If you're talking about the patch, I made it. I'll even explain it!

First I opened up the patcher as a PE executable in IDA Pro, checked the Analysis box in the first window, and then just clicked next until it started analyzing. I knew the error message that was thrown, so after it was done analyzing (doesn't take long), I went to Search > Text and typed in "BGM not found." That gave me this result:

Right click on the variable (line with "aInvalidEntr_19 db...") and select "Chat Xrefs to." That gives you a small flow chart with a single function: _WinMain@16_0.

Go to the Functions tab and scroll down until you find this function. Double click it on the list and it'll bring you to the code. Scroll down until you find the reference (it's a ways down). It's easy to find as the text will be in a comment next to it.

It should be obvious here what needs to be removed, but in case you're not sure, it's the call to MessageBoxA. If you select that line by clicking on .text:00413AA1 (or whatever yours is, if it's different), then click the Hex View tab, it'll give you exactly what you need to edit.

Now, if you've ever used Windows before, you'll know that lots of software makes lots of calls to MessageBoxA. This means searching for that little hex string is not a good idea. So take note of the offset at which this code resides. In my case it's 00012EA1. So now open up the patcher in a hex editor and go to that offset. In Hex Workshop, it's Edit > Goto.

Now just NOP out all six bytes.

Save and you're done.

eric10
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#6 Post by eric10 »

I hate Kore-RO's patcher music, and I hate the patcher bitching when I remove the BGM setting, so I fixed it. Offset 00012EA1 will contain FF 15 7C DB 49 00. Just NOP it out (90 90 90 90 90 90). DO NOT search for that byte sequence, you'll find a million. You MUST go to that offset instead.

If you're a noob, I made a patcher. Yes, a patcher patcher. :roll:

Patcher.

Attachments:
File comment: Kore-RO Anti Bitch patch.
kore-ro-anti-bitch.zip [14.62 KiB]
Downloaded 19 times
Report this post
elo..

i just wanna tel you my friend that the
Kore-RO Anti Bitch patch
is cannot be found already.. plz update it.. tnx a lot.. buds.. ty.. :D